Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple Incoming Calls (Cisco SPA514g)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I set all our extensions to accept multiple incoming calls. Our Cisco SPA514g's have 4 line keys, but they're not receiving multiple calls. If I go into Extension Status in the menu on the phone, it says Ext 1 is registered, but 2-4 are not registered. How can I get this to work?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you programme extensions against the additional line keys?

3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

They all show the same extension.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you press line keys 2 to 4, are you then able to call out and the called party shows a call from the "main" extension number?

5. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Yes, I can call out from each line key and the main extension name/number shows up.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the extension settings, in 3CX, are set (ticked) to allow more than one call, then if key one is in use, the other keys should ring. Does it go off to Voicemail, or busy? If you provision another set, with the same extension number, and one set is busy on a call, does the other set ring when called? If so, then the feature is working correctly at the 3CX end, and it would indicate a problem with the setting within the set itself. The 3CX log of a call to that extension number may shed some light on what's happening.

Check that on the set, each key is assigned a different port number. Did you auto provision the set?

7. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

We currently have it set up with a ring group. When one of the people in the group is on a call, and an external call comes in, the next key does not blink/ring. If they are on a call, and another call is transferred to them, it does blink.

I took a look at one of their phones and Ext 2-4 say "Not registered." We did auto-provision them. Is there something in the provisioning template to make this work?

8. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

using the standard template, 3cx only sets up one account/extension. therefore the other keys on the set will simply show the same extension unless and until you manually program them to be something else or you modify the template. until you change it, hitting any key will show and react as if hitting any other key as they are all the same. this is why only one registration and in a ring group, will by-pass the extension if busy as this is how a ring group works.

9. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Is there some documentation somewhere about editing it to make it work for me?

10. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Here is a link to an admin guide.
    http://gbc.gamma.co.uk/media/593723/cisco%20spa%20500%20admin%20guide%20inc%20expansion%20unit.pdf

You will likely need to reference and compare the guide and the phone as it is currently provisioned so that you can get a feel for how 3CX did account 1 and how you can set-up added accounts/functionality on the other keys.

I was not clear on multiple calls. There are a couple of ways of doing it (receiving more than one call at the same time at the same extension), but there are caveats on each method as it is an interaction between 3CX and the phone and different phones may react differently and possibly so depending upon the circumstance of how the call is being delivered.

There will be somewhat of a learning curve, but be patient and it will come to you. There are a number of tabs inside the CIsco web interface and you will want to examine each one to see how 3CX set up account #1 and then you can start by setting up account 2.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can try setting key 2 as the same extension number (all the same credentials), but using a different port number than key 1. Worse case scenario (which should not be necessary) is that you create a new extension and put that on key 2, then add it to the same ring group.

12. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I tried setting key 2 to the same extension with a different port number which didn't work. I ended up adding extra extensions and setting the second key to those.

I think the problem is that the ring group sees that the extension is busy on a call, so it skips it. Maybe that could be a feature added to 3CX in the future? The option to ignore that an extension is busy and try to ring it anyway. Or is there some reason that wouldn't work?

13. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #13 cobaltit, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

cobaltit

Completely forgot about that one, it hadn't come up in a long time.

15. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you kindly.

I think it would be great if 3CX added a checkbox in the Ring Groups setting page to allow this. Is there a suggestion box or feature request thing for 3CX?

#15 TSlocum, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  16. jhogue1975

You mention setting the extensions to receive multiple calls, but there is one more step needed for ring groups:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/ring-groups-paging-intercom/ - updated link[/QUOTE]

This link is no longer available. I am using version 15 SP4 and need to be able to receive multiple calls. Is there a new link for this?

#16 jhogue1975, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  17. katerinaK

3CX Support

You can have a look at our admin manual here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/ring-groups-paging-intercom/.

#17 katerinaK, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.