• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple Instances of 3cx on esxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbrown100

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I work in an area that has a few offices with small companies in. I wondered, is it possible to run multiple instances of 3cxphone on an esxi server for VOIP (no pstn) without any issues with choppiness etc? I have seen that other platforms such as Elastix have issues with latency causing sound problems. Each installation will be pretty small, max 15 users. I am thinking of throwing something like a dual processor 3ghx zeon with 4 cores each, 16gb ram and mirrored SAS HD's at it.

Alternatively, maybe I would be better off getting a whole bunch of small PC's instead?

What client OS would be recommended with this sort of solution, desktop or server?

Thanks

Graham

It's not the maximum amount of users you need to be concerned about but the expected amount of simultaneous calls (across all installations), this is what stresses 3CX.

It also has to do with how are the offices connected?

Is it one building with cat5/6 throughout or is it lots of buildings. Are they separate offices/companies? Do they all want one voip provider? Does your voip provider allow multiple regsitrations from the same ip?

The server hardware depends on the simultaneous calls as mentioned in the above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.