Multiple Instances of 3cx on esxi

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gbrown100, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbrown100

Hi,

I work in an area that has a few offices with small companies in. I wondered, is it possible to run multiple instances of 3cxphone on an esxi server for VOIP (no pstn) without any issues with choppiness etc? I have seen that other platforms such as Elastix have issues with latency causing sound problems. Each installation will be pretty small, max 15 users. I am thinking of throwing something like a dual processor 3ghx zeon with 4 cores each, 16gb ram and mirrored SAS HD's at it.

Alternatively, maybe I would be better off getting a whole bunch of small PC's instead?

What client OS would be recommended with this sort of solution, desktop or server?

Thanks

Graham

2. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

It's not the maximum amount of users you need to be concerned about but the expected amount of simultaneous calls (across all installations), this is what stresses 3CX.

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

It also has to do with how are the offices connected?

Is it one building with cat5/6 throughout or is it lots of buildings. Are they separate offices/companies? Do they all want one voip provider? Does your voip provider allow multiple regsitrations from the same ip?

The server hardware depends on the simultaneous calls as mentioned in the above post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.