Multiple internet connections for 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hccj, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hccj

I am running 3CX v12 now, and would like to see if anybody has had any experience using multiple internet gateways with 3CX.

My scenario is like this:
    Connection A to ISP #1, high bandwidth, but also high traffic - IP:1.2.3.4 (Static)
    Connection B to ISP #2, lower bandwidth, but almost no traffic - IP: dynamic

Both connections are connected to a single router that can load balance between connections, or I can select based on criteria and rules what type of traffic goes where.

Currently, 3CX is on Connection A with static IP.

What I would like to do is have 3CX connect to our VoIP providers using Connection B, which is much less used. I would do this by creating a rule that any traffic to a the VoIP provider's IP will go out through Connection B.

That part is easy. But the second thing I want to do is have 3CX to continue listening on Connection A, so that we can still reliably use remote VoIP clients with 3CX with the static IP and higher bandwidth.

Is it possible to do this? Or will 3CX get very confused?

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It is possible and easily done but it requires a router that allows you to do quite a bit of trickery, we use Mikrotik)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.