Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple internet gateways (used by ISPs that offer VoIP Ser

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jjwerkman, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjwerkman

Someone experience with this kind of setup?
    (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/network-configurations-supported-3cx-phone-system/)
    What settings to use under Network / STUN server (IP addresses from which Internet line and NIC)? I can't get the App (without tunnel) working. And I think it has something to do with this type of setup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Re: Multiple internet gateways (used by ISPs that offer VoIP

How are you setup? There are many examples on that page and we deployed all of them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jjwerkman

Thanks for your reply.

NIC1: Has IP-address with gateway and is connected to the Internet for external (management and 3CXPhone App) access.
    NIC2: Has a IP-address without gateway. NIC2 is connected to de phones (another subnet) and to the provider. I setup a static route (route add command) to redirect traffic to my provider.

In 3CX I turned of STUN requests and set the External IP-address to the IP-addres of NIC2 and also the Network Card to NIC2. When I change this to the data of NIC1, there is no audio in a active call.
    I think I have something to do with the registration settings of the VoIP provider ("Which IP to use in "Contact" field for registration"). But I need to know it for sure, cause this is already a live situation and I can't just test something everytime.

NIC1:
    IP: 192.168.155.71
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.155.53

NIC2:
    IP: 10.155.52.1
    Subnet: 255.255.252.0
    Gateway: 10.155.55.253

Clients:
    IP: 10.101.52.x
    Subnet: 255.255.252.0

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Why aren't you using NIC1 to connect to your provider?

In 3CX, turn off STUN, remove the route add you put in there for NIC2. Set the public IP that you have on NIC1 and bind it to NIC 1.
    Make sure that PBX delivers audio is on for your SIP TRUNK provider, uncheck re-invites, replace.

I am extremely confused as to why you would half hack NIC 1 (with full Internet access) and NIC 2 with a static route (and perhaps the RTP stream may come from another source.... from the provider...). This is far from ideal.

Bottom line, NIC1 set with Public IP within 3CX, map ports 5060 9000-9049 (at least) from your gateway (router). Turn off stun and update as highlighted above.

Remove static route!

This, if you did nothing else, should work fine.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Yes, without STUN you do need to specify the WAN IP address for the Contact on the VOIP Provider (the trunk).

I can say that NIC1 and NIC2 are nonroutable IPv4 addresses.. so you must have NAT somewhere in your config.. which also means that you need to configure some port forwarding or leverage STUN in order to traverse that NAT.

.. which might explain your audio (RTP stream) issue.

6. jjwerkman

NIC2 has no Internet Access and my provider is not reachable via NIC1. NIC2 is a direct and total seperate line for VoIP only.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

OK, that is a completely different story then....

So you have a SIP trunk over a DEDICATED circuit is that right? Therefore NIC2 has a static route to the subnet that is reachable ONLY using a router that has an IP on the same subnet as NIC2.

That is quite different. Is NAT required or is it a simple routable subnet the one you reach over the DEDICATED SIP circuit?

8. jjwerkman

Yes, it's a dedicated line. There is a router on the same subnet as NIC2.
    It's a routable IP address (62.140.x.x) reachable over that gateway.

9. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

So, NIC2 is natted as well.
    I honestly don't like the architecture you selected, NIC2 is not needed at all. Both your primary and dedicated line router should be on the subnet NIC1. In the def gateway router you set a static route for your sip trunk provider pointing at the LAN IP of the router for the dedicated line. In 3cx network, disable stun, enter the public IP from the def gateway and bind it to the NIC1. Under your SIP Trunk setup, do not use stun and enter the Public IP for the dedicated line router. PBX delivers audio.
    Make sure that you fwd ports UDP 5060, 9000-9049 to 3cx.

NIC2 is not needed and is only trouble because you do not have such a high bandwidth need.... Keep it simple.

Ask your sip trunk provider for a list of allowed IPS on their end or subnet so that you have a all the needed static routes...

10. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.