• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple Line Instaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyonAdmiral

Free User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I've read some posts about editing XML to remove extra line instances of the same extension on phones such as the Cisco 79x0 & 79x1 series. I'm wondering if it is possible to adjust these XML files to allow the phone to show line instances for other extensions on the phone.

An example in my institution would be for the main receptionist who has a 7960 to be able to see if other people in the administrative offices are on their phones.

Seems like this could be accomplished much easier by setting up some BLF appearances in the 3CX Phone for Windows. Does that work for you?

Allen

If you insist, you can edit the XML files, I did to change line keys above line 1 as by default they were all the same extension number. I have found that 3CX will "update" the provisioning files, replacing the modified files, with what it thinks is the correct configuration. I'm not clear on how often this happens, or under what circumstances, but keep this in mind (make a back-up copy of any modified file).

I ended up using... http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net/

12494 said:
Seems like this could be accomplished much easier by setting up some BLF appearances in the 3CX Phone for Windows. Does that work for you?

Allen

It could, but the front desk receptionists insist on having a physical handset and I'm just looking to see if I could do it that.

If you are stuck with the Cisco - would you consider adding a sidecar(s). Then you don't have to fool around with the templates and you can just provision from 3CX? Or if you are open to the brand you could go with something easy to work with like Yealink.

Allen

Get the receptionist a second monitor, and set them up with the 3cx phone for windows, with the receptionist view. (and/or a bunch of speeddials). They'll never go back :). A side benefit is that this is "free", or, at least, included in your 3CX license.

I've run into this so many times. My standard answer is - I'll set you up with the receptionist view while we wait for the "phone with all the buttons" to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.