Multiple Lines & Departments Monitoring Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DXS_Matt, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DXS_Matt

Hey everyone,

I'm running into some trouble trying to setup our system here, and need some help with how to get 3CX to work the way I need it to.
    Let me give you a little explanation about our needs for the system.

We have 5 inbound telephone numbers.

Main Sales
    Sales 2
    Support
    Company 2
    Indy Office

So Sherry needs to get calls from Main Sales and Sales 2 and she needs to see which number it's coming in from in order to dictate how she'll answer the phone. She also needs to see when Company 2's phone is ringing in the event that she needs to pickup that line if the other receptionist is away from her desk.

Bill needs to get calls from Support but needs to see when Main Sales and Sales 2 is ringing in the event our receptionist needs to step away from her desk.

The receptionist from Company 2 only needs to have calls coming in on their line ring to her phone but needs to monitor when calls are coming in on Sales and Sales 2 in the event nobody is available to pick up those lines.

I thought monitoring the Ring Group extensions with BLF would work but that isn't supported.
    I tried creating an arbitrary extension to monitor but that doesn't work as their is no phone registered so it picks up and goes straight to voicemail.

What can I do to leverage the 3CX system that I've already paid a license for to work in our environment.

Btw, everyone has a Linksys SPA962.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Matt

2. DXS_Matt

My issue seems to be related to this not working on inbound DID calls.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/appending-ring-group-name-after-caller-id-8200.html#p41781

Anyone have a v8 planned beta / release?
    Our 3CX rollout depends on being able to preferably PREFIX the CID or if we must, append the ring group that is active from the DID.

Thanks,
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.