Multiple lines on SPA504G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dragand, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragand

Guys, I am truly impressed with the support that this community provides. My question is sort of basic. I have a 3CX with 4 SPA3102 gateways and one SPA504G phone. The goal is to extend an extension :D from a Nortel Norstar PBX. The SPA3102s are interfaced to ATAs on the norstar. The question is should I create 4 different extensions for every line on the SPA504G or just one extension with multiple line appearances? Is there a basic document somewhere that describes how to do this? Thanks for any help,

Dragan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could clear up exactly what you want to do. With four 3102's are you using four extensions from the Norstar going into all four FXO ports then into 3CX, then finally into one phone? Are you using the FXS portion of the 3102's for additional sets?

If you are planning on using just one phone but are bringing in more than one extension (trunk), then you have a couple of options.
    All incoming trunks (that is what the Norstar extensions become when brought into 3CX) ring to one extension number. You have that number set to allow more than one call, and you have that one extension number set-up on all four keys on the phone. Or...each of the four trunks ring to a different extension number and those numbers each appear on one key on the set. In either case, if you receive more than one call, you will be putting callers on hold to take another call. You could have all four trunks go into a queue and then take calls one at at time as the additional callers listen to music until you are free.

3. dragand

Leejor, you were correct, I am trying to exactly that, multiple trunks into one phone. I have it set up now as 4 extensions, each has a separate single appearance. It was easier for me to set it up this way for ease of control of the outbound calls. Just wanted to make sure that this is the correct way and there are no gotchas down the road. BTW, nothing else on the 3102s, just trunks. Thanks for your help!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it does what you want, then it's the "correct way". It's not set in stone, if your needs change down the road, the set-up can be changed, its' not like you're signing a 10 year contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.