Multiple lines on Yealink T-26 phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gwadda, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwadda

Ok fist off I am very new and I don't really know what I am doing. I am just hoping my question makes sense.

I have set up 3cx with a yealink T-26 phone, and call centric. I set up an extension for the phone and provisioned the phone. The phone has 3 line buttons (line 1, line 2, and line 3). My inbound call rule is going to the one extension on the one phone. I can get a call fine, my problem happens if a second call come in. What I want it to do when line one is in use is have the second line ring on the same phone/extension. I can get it to either go to voice-mail for the extension, or interrupt on the same line like call waiting, but I can't get it to simply ring on the next available line.

I noticed if I pick up the phone and attempt to use line 2 or line 3 it says account not active. When provisioning with 3cx it only sets up account 1 on the phone. I can manually log into the phone and set up account 2 and account 3 which then allows me to use the line 2 and line 3 buttons on the phone. The only way I have found to get the phone to behave the way I want it to is to set up 3 extensions with 3cx, and then assign each extension manually to different account on the phone. Then I set all 3 extensions to a ring group with a hunt command, and set this ring group for the inbound call rule.

This does not seem to be a very good solution. With one phone it isn't too bad to set up, but I can't imagine people would do this with a large system. Also I want to have each phone have it's own voice mail. With my crazy work around each line on the phone has it's own voice-mail. No one is going to want to check 3 voice mail boxes to get their messages. I suspect my problem is something I am doing wrong with setting up the phone, not 3cx, but I am not really sure. Yealink phones seems to be fairly popular and I was hoping someone else would know what my problem is. I feel like there should be a way to get multiple line buttons work with one account on the phone or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. willow

willow Member

on the phone you can set line button 2 and 3 to account 1. also in 3cx you need to go under forwarding rules and click on the i want to receive more calls then one or something like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.