Multiple lines/trunks on a single extensions - howto?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Razva, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razva

At this point I have two trunks. I've noticed that the 3CX app has "Lines" so is there way to select a "Line" when making an outgoing call? I don't want something automated, but manual (me manually selecting the line/trunk when making calls from 3CX).

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Razva

The lines on the 3CX phone are lines you can use to accept or make multiple calls. You cannot choose which route to call out from though. What you can do is set your outbound rules to use a prefix, so when you need to go out from trunk 1 then dial 0 in front of the number and strip that 0 in the outbound rules. When you need to dial out from trunk 2 you dial 9 for example and strip id in the outbound rules. This way you can call out from any phone in the system as long as you know the prefix you want to use.

3. Razva

Unfortunately this doesn't apply for numbers that are in the phone/smartphone Contacts... Maybe a way to select the "line" before making the connection to the trunk?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The LINE tabs on the App are all the same extension number, the one you have registered in the particular account settings.

If you want certain numbers, to go out over certain trunks from the PBX, then outbound rules specific to your extension number can be created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.