Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple locations....

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by encoder, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. encoder

Hi,
    I'm a newbie, so sorry if the question seems stupid to some of you...

I just Installed VOIP at home. I have succesfully configured a Grandstream ht486 at home to connect to my sip server with a username and a password. I can now use my phones at home to recieve and send calls to anywhere :D

Now at work, I downloaded the 3Cx software phone. I configured my accound with the same server, username and password as I did at home. The software says it's registered with my sip server but it won't recieve calls. I can place calls to anywhere, but when I call my phone number, my home phones will ring, but my office 3Cx software won't...

Is there something I'm missing.

Thanks a lot for your help !

2. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Check the server logs.

Why not give your work phone a different extension number and setup a ring group? That will accomplish the same thing you are trying to do.

3. encoder

I do not own any server... My SIP provider gave ma a server name, a user and a password which I entered in my GrandStream router for my home telephones. Now, I would like my software 3Cx softphone to ring also when I recieve a call. Is this possible ?

Thanks again and sorry for my misunderstanding !

4. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Then you need to be asking your SIP provider not this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.