Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Multiple Multicast Paging Groups

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by tratz, Mar 28, 2018.

Multiple Multicast Paging Groups 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. tratz

tratz New Member

In all of our PBXes we use multiple multicast paging groups and with the release of SP4, it is just very limiting. We normally set up the following multicast paging groups (not many more but more than one):
    • Emergency or building wide announcements
    • Department or floor based announcements

It is silly to go to one paging group when especially for the floor based announcements, when other floors do not need to hear something that doesn't apply to them. Normally the emergency or building wide announcements are used for an emergency, so i wouldn't want the staff in the building to make multiple announcements for the same thing. I just think that with just about every phone that 3cx supports has at least 5 entries for the multicast paging, why are we just limited to one? I'm still going to have to hack the templates to add in our paging groups.

--Tracy

giwm likes this.
  2. giwm

giwm New Member

I would have a drop down with checkboxes on the phone provisioning page. Any multicast groups configured show up and you can tick the ones you want to join. Still a pain to set up for 100 phones, but better than nothing.