Multiple NIC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nexsip, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nexsip

3CX just plain old does NOT work with multiple NIC's
    I have tried everything. wireshark doesnt help.
    pbxnsip and asterisk both work easy enough.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dtrain

You don't happen to have more than 1 gateway defined do you? Only one of your cards should have a gateway.

3. nexsip

its not a routing issue. my ITSP is on nic 1 phones on nic2.

i can not for the life of me get the two to be happy. other sip PBX's work just fine with the same config.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Henk

Henk Member

Can you elaborate on that?

What does not work, the phone registration? or the call comming through etc.

H.

5. nexsip

phones register just fine. call from my cell phone to the ITSP comes in the phone rings but there is no audio and hangs up, which my cell phone is still connected. wireshark on the ITSP NIC says.. TRYING then there is no connect message. I hang up the call (on cell) and the 3CX says to the ITSP the Call Leg does not exist.. meaning 3CX already hung up and didnt tell the ITSP.

6. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

You can have as many gateways as you like configured on a Windows system. Routing is dependent upon the routing table.

7. nexsip

my routing is correct.

if i stop the 3cx service and start the pbxnsip service it works.
    to me 3cx just isnt processing multiple NIC's properly.

8. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Is there a route from the handset to the outside world?

If not, have you tried the "PBX delivers audio" setting in the extension configuration?

9. Henk

Henk Member

I think they never really supported multiple nics, all I suggest you do is give priority (on OS level) to one NIC that might help things allong.

I do not have a 3cx box so I cannot test this for you sorry.

H.

10. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Very strange. I had 3 CX with 2 NICs and 3 IP addresses on Windows 2003 server (2 public, one private) and it worked just fine from both WAN and LAN side. Now I have box with 2 NICs one with public IP, one with private. All I had to do was routing metrics manuall set up . It didn't work with default "automatic' seting. Public IP NIC has highest metric. Give it a try, it must work.

Thank you

Marcin

11. nexsip

PBX delivers Audio.

12. nexsip

Perfect I will give this a try. What did you set your NIC metric's to?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Metrics

I have it set with the priority metric of 1 on my LAN adapter that 3CX uses, then just set the metric to 2 or higher on the other adapters.

14. nexsip

that didnt help me.

I get an invite from the ITSP.
    3CX says TRYING
    my cell phone disconnects without a BYE message.
    and 3CX sends about 10 200 OK messages.

NIC 1- 192.168.31.50
    NIC 2- 10.220.118.248
    ITSP - 66.7.1xx.xxx

NIC 2 is dedicated ethernet to ITSP (private network)
    static route sends itsp out NIC 2.

maybe 3CX is getting confused that both NIC's are private IPs?

15. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If both IPs are private - STUN resolution must be available. Without properly resolved external IP mapping 3CX will not work properly.
    By the way, which build are you using?

16. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Does it mean version 3.1? V3 doesn't support multiple NICs, it has been announced many times.

17. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

It sounds like STUN is failing as a result of a private IP address existing on both NICs despite a public address existing on one of them.

Archie - as requested by someone else here, is there a way of telling 3CX to "use this specified IP address as the external address and turn off STUN"?? Maybe in the ini file somewhere?

18. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I've personally tested on the box with two NICs, each has local IP and separate access to internet. Works like a charm. Still, all this is true only for V5, not for V3.

It should be available upon next update. One will be able specify an IP:port to be used in registration's Contact header for VoIP line. This option will also skip wait for STUN resolution. Mind though, that it is a big source for misconfigurations, because peoples often don't know real mapping.

19. nexsip

v3752

here is the thing, there is no Public IP.

Ethernet 1 is a local network
    Ethernet 2 is a Fiber Private network (10.200.*.*)

enabling stun would route the calls improperly out the internet connection. not the Private network.

Basically im screwed huh :)

per the SIP logs 3CX "seems" to be using the proper IP when accepting the call and setting up the SDP. Something internal breaks which i cant see.

This scenerio works just fine with asterisk/pbxnsip. But customer really wants 3CX. :)

20. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can try to use 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file to adjust local netorwks range. Section [Network], value localSubnets. By default (if not present), it supposed to be

[Network]
    . . .
    localSubnets = 10.0.0.0/8,169.254.0.0/16,172.16.0.0/12,192.168.0.0/16

So you can change it accordingly. For example, if you want to make 10.200.x.x addresses to be external - just remove 10.0.0.0/8 from that line.
    I do not really understand your topology, but I hope you can find proper settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.