Multiple Office Hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by johnmichael, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnmichael

Hi Guys,

We are an end-user and we just recently implemented 3CX on our corp. hq. Everything is quite ok, just minor problems on configuring multiple office hours.

I have read several post here that the best way to handle multiple office hours is by Extensions. Can someone help me properly understand on how to setup "Specific Hours" on "Call Forwarding Rules". After I setup "Specific Hours", do i need to add "Outside Specific Hours"? All this rules are actually forwarded to Digital Receptionist, such as Group A Opening, Group A Closing , Group B Opening and Group B Closing. I'm a bit confused here. Any help is highly appreciated.

Our schedule is something like this:
    1) Group A - Office hours is from 9:00am - 6:00pm, Mon to Fri and 9:00am - 1:00pm, Sat
    2) Group B - Office hours is from 9:00am - 9:00pm, Mon to Fri and 9:00am - 1:00pm, Sat

TIA guys.

Regards,
    John

2. johnmichael

Never mind, i think i managed to solve this problem.

Thanks anyway.

3. pcunite

What did you do? I may have to implement this myself.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

The "dummy" extension is the powerful routing point...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Extensions allow for users to route at "specific hours" using dummy extensions allow you to make use of these rules to the advantage of being able to forward to ring groups etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. JustinCredible

Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I'm interested in how this works.
    Say we want our Service department to answer from 8am-5pm, but parts to answer from 8am-9pm.
    So we only have one Open main menu that plays from the beginning to the end of the day, 8am-9pm.
    The Service menu option sends them to a virtual extension that has a different set of hours than the Office Hours, theirs are set to 8am-5pm. So when someone presses the option for Service, it checks the time and will ring to the Service ring group, and if past 5pm, will go to the Service voicemail or another endpoint?

7. cfive

cfive Member

Hi Justin,

Yes. An extension can make use of forwarding rules and also exceptions, making them a more powerful call routing option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.