• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

multiple outbound callerid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kael

Reaction score
I trying to use the info from this article http://www.3cx.com/docs/multiple-outbound-caller-ids/. What I like to do is:
-I have trunk1 with a DID range xxxxxxx1-xxxxxx10, on which users are calling out with their own DID's i.e. xxxxxx07, which is set in their Ext as CallerID. This works fine.
-Then I have trunk2 with 1 DID, some users of trunk1 also need to able to call out on this trunk, now showing this 1 DID.
This situation is similar to the scenarios in the article but I doesn't work for me.
I'm able to select trunk 1 or 2 with a leading digit in the called number and a filtering Outbound rule, that works so far.
btw. can I select a trunk using the line buttons (yealink) somehow instead of a number prefix?

The article is based on 3CX v14 I'm on v15, some parts are confusing me:
In the Prerequisites it says;
The trunks MUST support “Originator Caller ID” (Clip No Screening)
I suppose this a provider requirement? But why is that OrginatorVallerID option shown? Do I need to set this option in Trunk>Outbound parameters somewhere?
In a forum post somewhere I've read that the Outbound CallerID formatting is only used in cases when an unanswered call is forwarded to i.e. mobile (Ext forward rule), is that so? Or is this formatting also valid for outgoing calls like explained in the 3 scenario's of the article?
I tried all combination but it seems the formatting is not active somehow, all I see on the display of the called number is the extension nr.
My outbound rule has this Ext in it's rule, so it using this trunk alright. The trunk CallerID is empty.
(I noticed that when an trunk CID and also an Ext CID is filled in, that the Ext CID is send out not the Trunk CID. When the Ext CID is empty then the Trunk CID is used).

On the SIP Trunk, in OUTBOUND PARAMETERS, make sure "From: User Part" is {"OriginatorCallerID" Original Caller number will be sent}.

Then drill into the port details and click on OTHER OPTIONS. Set your Outbound Caller ID. I can't remember if it will advertise that or not with just that...

For me (for 911 purposes), I also added entries in OUTGOING CID FORMATTING.
I.E.
Source CID Pattern / New Source CID Pattern
51755508(.*) / 5175551488

This would take people with DID numbers 5175550800 - 0899 and change it to our main number of 5175551488.
If someone was an exception to that rule, we moved that above that rule.
So if 5175550808 is actually in a different office, it would look like this:

Source CID Pattern / New Source CID Pattern
5175550808 / 6165551234
51755508(.*) / 5175551488

The 0808 number would hit its rule first and use the 616 number, all others would use the 517 number. Any 911 calls we route via this alternate trunk so it hands out the correct site phone number without having to setup e911 and all our DIDs.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.