Multiple outgoing numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ManyJoe, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManyJoe

I have a Twilio SIP Trunk connected to my 3CX V15.
    The Trunk has four phone numbers, but Im using only one now, and works fine for incoming and outgoing from 3CX.

Question: Can I configure 3CX to use other numbers when making outgoing calls?
    I need to use number1 when calling customers, and number2 when making personal calls, etc etc.

(Im using the 3CX client on iphone)

Thanks

2. 12494

12494 Member

3CX can do it. Just depends on what Twilio permits.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

twilio would need a second trunk connection with a separate outbound number... and an outbound rule for each.
    for instance, calls starting with a 9 prefix would use Trunk 1 with outbound number 888-777-6666 and calls starting with an 8 prefix would use Trunk 2 with outbound number 888-777-5555.
    but Twilio would have to support multiple registrations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. datamerge

datamerge New Member

I have found that some sip trunks can be set up twice with one to register and the other set to outbound only, or do not require on type of authentication. You use outbound rules as Craig said. Inbound calls come in on the registered trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.