Multiple People Listen In to Same Call

Discussion in 'Windows' started by D Bedford, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Bedford

Hi,

I noticed that on this thread https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/listen-in-feature.49833/#post-202492 it was stated that as of Version 15 only one person may listen to a call at a time. This seems a backwards step from V14.

I was wondering what the reason for this change was, and would it be possible for it to be reversed and again allow more than one person to listen to a call simultaneously?

Many thanks,

David

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @D Bedford

This feature was originally designed for one person to be able to listen or barge in. In V14 the system would not check if a person was already using this feature so a second user was allowed to listen in the same call. In V15 the system now checks and it does not allow a second user to listen in to the same call. This was done because whenever a second user listened in the same call this resulted in a stuck call in the system. So it is now working as it was intended when it was designed.
    If you wish for this to change i would recommend creating a feature request to the ideas section of the forum where other users can upvote it and it can be evaluated by the appropriate department.

3. D Bedford

Hi @YiannisH_3CX

Thanks for the quick reply, and for the explanation.
    In the past we have had two people listening in to the same call when on V14, but when the same person clicks 'Listen In' a second time that kept the call alive and crashed our PBX.

I will pop this into the Ideas section, after a search to ensure I'm not duplicating anything.

Many thanks,

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.