• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple Phones on a Single Extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinBonin

Reaction score
In our CEO's office, we installed a conference phone. I would like his ext to ring both his normal phone, and the conference phone so that he can answer on either device. We also have several users that want to run am iPhone SIP app for when they are mobile in the company. Again here it would be nice to ring both phones if registered, and allow answering on either phone.

Can multiple phones share the same extension? I know I can do it via a ring group, but depending on the number of users, that could get messy really quick.

3CX refers to this as SIP Forking. It can be a pretty good feature to have, especially for users who use softphones when away from office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.