• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple routing destinations (i.e. day, night, lunch, company meeting)

Matt Waechter

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have a client that we have calls ring into a ring group and if not answered roll to IVR. A few times a month they have the need to set the phones to ring directly to IVR for meetings. We could use *64X but during Out Of Office Hours they ring directly to an answering service. Can we get multiple options to be able to send the inbound calls?
*641 In Office
*642 Out of Office
*643 Meeting
*644 Beers
I suppose we could put all phones in the ring group on DND but I'm not sure that is the right answer.

Upvote 12
Please + 1000

Need this for more costumers

This can be done easily with The 3cx CFD

This can be done easily with The 3cx CFD
Would you mind sharing with us how?

I imagine we could have a CFD with a menu system, like "To set in office hours, press 1. To set out of office hours, press 2. To set default office hours, press 3." But how would you go about setting more custom out of office messages, like "Press 4 for meeting, press 5 for beers,..."? Would your CFD try to set a new out of office route to a dummy extension, which would play a custom message, or is there a better approach to this?

I will have to build it out to make it function on a system level, it is easier on a station level

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, because in smaller companies, it's usually very desirable to have something like this, as easy to use by the end users as possible.

I'm in agreement with infohit. This should be easy enough to do with a CFD application. Alternatively, you could use a web portal that utilizes the Call Control API if you prefer a visual interface rather than using the phone. We have done this before with a "Prompt Scheduler" tool we created.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.