Solved Multiple SBC's behind internet connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JayNZ, Nov 29, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayNZ

Hey Guys,

Quick question (Hopefully) I understand when deploying SBC's that TCP/5090 needs to be Port Forwarded to the SBC which is understood, however how to you then use multiple SBC's for a customer which has a large WAN but a single managed firewall for the internet and a single Public IP Address?

I can't setup anymore than a single Port Forward for TCP/5090....

Thanks in advance for your time everyone.
    -Jay

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain that the option of using multiple SBCs behind one public IP was considered in the design. It would certainly defeat the purpose of reducing internet traffic from one site, as many interoffice (inter-SBC) calls, would still be required to travel back through the PBX and out again to the second SBC. There may be a work-around by re-allocating ports (5091?) on the second and subsequent SBCs.

If not...it's off to the Ideas Forum.

3. JayNZ

Thanks for the reply Leejor, I contacted 3CX support as well, but posted here too as I were in a hurry for a response before a meeting, and have received the following back from 3CX Official Support which is great news!

Hello Jay and thank you for contacting 3CX Support,

The SBC does not require port forwarding on the remote side firewall.

You can have multiple SBC's configured on the same remote network and the phones can be split amongst them.

- Therefore this is awesome, no NAT/Port Forwarding means I have no worries! - Phew :)

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

check, thats right

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    JayNZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.