• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Multiple schedules/routes for all incoming calls, possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efounco

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 3CX has no native ability to route incoming calls based off of custom schedules (beyond predefined open and closed time). For example, if an incoming call comes in from 5am - 9am, I want it to ring our 'AM Ring Group'. If it comes in from 9am - 5pm, I want it to ring our 'Office Ring Group'. If it comes in from 5pm - 5am, I want it to ring our 'PM Ring Group'. This seems like a really simple function that should be included. I've tried creating multiple "*" inbound rules with custom defined "office hours", but it wont allow multiple inbound routes from "*". Is there another way of handling this?

Re: Multiple schedules/routes for all incoming calls, possib

Sounds like a job for.....http://3cx.ideascale.com/

This scenario requires advanced configuration.
Extension allows to redirect calls to different destinations using "exceptions" profile.
So,
1. Create three ring groups (if they are already created then skip this step):
AM Ring Group
Office Ring Group
PM Ring Group
2. Create digital receptionist which will say something like:
"We cannot answer your call at the moment. Please try again later"
3. Create "routing point":
a. Create extension. You can set name of this extension to be something like "Routing point to...".
b. Set Disallow use of extension outside the LAN = ON.
c. Set Block Remote tunnel connection =ON
d. Set Do not show this extension in 3CX MyPhone=ON
e. Set following rules on Forwarding profiles/Exceptions page (see picture)

"Specific Hours" for the route to "AM Ring Group":
each day 05:00-09:00
"Specific Hours" for the route to "Office Ring Group":
each day 09:00-17:00
"Specific Hours" for the route to "PM Ring Group":
each day, two ranges:
00:00-05:00
17:00-23:59

Specify this extension as a destination for line(s) or inbound rule(s) and all calls will be redirected to proper destination at proper time.
Last rule in the list is redundant. It is added just to provide full sample of "How to properly create routing point"

Hope it will help you to build required scenario of routing.

Attachments

• exceptions.png
    exceptions.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 870

You're awesome, that's exactly what I'm looking for!

I figured out a way of doing the same thing using a multitude of virtual extensions, but your method is much cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.