Multiple Search Fields?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by narkumas, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narkumas

narkumas New Member

After using 3CX for months I have found out last week (!) that just beneath the white search field there is a "camouflaged" second search field which is black or grey depending on the color scheme. Wow! Although there is a text reading "enter searchtext" I never realized that I could type there!

Why do we have 2 Seach fields? And why will the black search field only find either extensions OR contacts, depending on the view I am in?

I think this is way too complicated...

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi narkumas,

Could you please take some screenshots and send them to us?

3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Sopock, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If we are talking about the 3CX client then the first white box is the dialler box(hence the keypad icon next to it) , the second grey box is the search box.
    If you type an extension on the dialler box it will only give you the option to call that person or extension.
    If you type the same extension is the search box it will search and give you all the options you have to interact with that extension.

Hope this makes sense.

5. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Hm, it makes no sense at all. Since the white callbox is able to find all contacts and extensions I cannot understand why it cannot be used to make make the same operations as the search box...
    Another reason for my request is that I do not have to click into the white box to search. I can just type. This is not possible with the grey search box.
    Way too complicated.

Can you see my point?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can only advise on how this is designed to work and what it does. If you want to see this behaviour changed then please raise this is in the ideas section of the forum as a feature request where the appropriate department can see it and evaluate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.