• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Multiple SIP DID routing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgb2

Free User
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to 3CX and have been learning on the free license so we can do a full rollout later. I ordered a SIP DID from Vitelity, and have it working well with account-based authentication.

In order to expand my testing, I added a second SIP DID. I want each DID to go to a different extension. I set and inbound rule for the second number, but it always follows the rule specified for the 'main' number.

I have a suspicion that this may be a field mapping issue, but I'm not sure what needs to be changed. If I look at the logs, I don't actually see the DID number anywhere in the INVITE.

Does anyone have any insight?

Solved! When I first set up Vitelity, I had some issues, and had set their routing to be a phone, rather than a PBX. I switched it specify PBX, and it's now sending the DID in the INVITE, and everything works!

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution. However please note that 3CX has tested and supports only IP based trunks from Vitelity and the template included in the PBX is constructed around Vitelity's IP based trunks

Thanks for the clarification. I'm new to SIP overall, and at some point that distinction wasn't clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.