Multiple Skype Lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sinboo50, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinboo50

I have 2 Skype lines happily working on 3CX....

However they ring on the same extension... the last line changed makes both Skype lines forward to that extension?

Is there some reason one Skype line can't ring on one ext and the other to another?

Thanks,

Bruce

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Bruce

From your description, almost for sure both corresponding PSTN gateways you defined on PBX are configured, on their "office hours" settings, to route inbound calls to the same extension, say 100. Supposing your PSTN gateways are 10000 and 10001, open PBX Management Console, from left tree expand "PSTN devices" section, then click 10000 and, on the right panel, check Office Hours "Connect to extension" and set it to the phone (extension) you want. Click Apply, OK, then do the same thing for 10001 but set it to a different phone.

Hope it helps

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sinboo50

Lines are set to different extensions.

See Pics atttached...

Attached Files:

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Bruce

Thanks for information. I think I missed something important to ask when I wrote my previous answer:
    You said you have two lines configured on your gateway - one of them is a master one? If yes, then the behavior you describe is normal - the master is always the last one (when all slaves are busy with in-progress calls) which pickup an inbound call.

Supposing you have "SkypeMaster" (for 10000) and "SkypeSlave" (for 10001) Skype accounts, that means:
    - you have an inbound Skype call to SkypeMaster. Gateway see this is the master and check if 10001's is available. It is, so it pass the call to it so your "13 Bruce E Ellis" phone will ring.
    - you have an inbound Skype call to SkypeSlave. Gateway see this (10001) is just a slave, so the call will pass directly and, again, "13 Bruce E Ellis" phone will ring.

To have inbound Skype calls handled as you want, you need to have one of following two conditions:
    1 - gateway configured with no master;
    2 - if configured with master (10000), then 10001 should have a call in-progress when the second inbound call - to SkypeMaster - is incoming, in this way 10000 will be forced to take this call and to pass it to "20 The Hobbits" phone.

Hope it helps now 8)

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sinboo50

Removing the Master account did the trick!

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.