MULTIPLE SUBNETS, SOFT PHONES, HARD PHONES - HEEEELP!!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by craigbramley, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigbramley

Hi,

We have downloaded the Enterprise Version and activated a Demo trial.

We have set up a test lab consisting of 2 x Grandstream BT200 telephones, 1 x Server, 1 x Client, 1 x Multisubnet Firewall (Watchguard Firebox Edge)

The 3CX Server is on IP Address - 10.1.20.2
    The First BT200 is on IP Address - 10.1.20.1
    Gateway Address is - 10.1.20.254 (Watchguard)

The 3CX Client is on IP Address - 172.26.20.2
    The Second BT200 is on IP Address - 172.26.20.1
    Gateway IP Address is - 172.26.20.254 (Watchguard)

We have set up the Tunnel on the 3CX Client which connects.

The First BT200 (10.1.20.254) Can succesfully call 3CX Client (172.26.20.2) and vice Versa.

But we cannot get the second BT200 (172.26.20.1) to communicate with 3CX Client (172.26.20.2) and therefore unable to call or receive calls on it.

We have followed the instructions but can't figure out what is going wrong, the phone is just dead when you pick it up?

Any ideas? just in case we have missed something.

Thanks

Craig

2. cyberspot

Hi craig

I have a watchguard and i think by default denies traffic from one interface to another
    Try to see in traffic monitor if it blocks sip packets
    try with a voip client to exclude that the phone has a problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigbramley

Hi,

The Firewall is not blocking packets and the 3CX Client (Software based) can make and receive calls over the subnets no problem.

The issue is getting the Hard Phone to talk to (or through) the 3CX Client (Software Based) - Which are both on the same Subnet.

???

Has anyone got any tips in this area?

4. cyberspot

Craig

In 3cx server what do you see is the phone registered?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigbramley

Hi,

I see the IP address of the The 3CX Client is on IP Address - 172.26.20.2 is reqisterred.

Not the the Second BT200 on IP Address - 172.26.20.1

Thanks so far.

Craig

6. craigbramley

Just to clarify, it is this part of the setup that I am struggling with:

3cx.com/support/3cx-tunnel.html - https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/ new link

Using the tunnel, the software (client) computer configures fine, and I can make and receive calls over subnets.

But trying to get the hard phone to use the scx tunnel, we can't seem to get it working, I have followed the above instructions and the phone is just not working.

#6 craigbramley, May 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I would not use a BT 200, first of all, its not a supported phone. When you have one way audio its almost always a firewall issue.

If you want to figure it out yourself use the server status log to check what ips are seen by the PBX, use the firewall checker to check ports are free. You can also use the wiki at wiki.3cx.com for more information.

Though it seems that you have a relatively complex setup that would benefit from commercial tech support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.