Multiple VOIP Gateways

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ascentor, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ascentor

Hi all,

My previous post explained that we are moving into a new office without a telephony solution and we are using this as an opportunity to upgrade to an IP PBX. I am currently trialling 3CX using a single analogue PSTN line connected to a Grandstream GXW 4104. In the new office we have to have two analogue lines, one for BT RedCare (fire/intruder alarm monitoring) and the other for the ADSL connection. We also need a minimum of 2 pstn lines for the incoming/outgoing calls. These 2 pstn lines could be analogue (use the current grandstream voip gateway) or have a Bri line. My preference is for a Bri line but I would need a different voip gateway probably one from patton. With this solution i have an analogue pstn line used only for ADSL and not being used for telephony.

So the question is can 3CX cope with multiple gateways, one analogue and one digital to route incoming and outgoing calls?

Again any help gratefully received

DaveJ

2. Nebula

Nebula New Member

3CX will happily handle multiple gateways, both analog and digital. The Patton gateway is an excellent choice, not the cheapest but in my humble opinion the best.

3. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    You can start with your device and do all your needs with 3CX system
    If you have any problem with installing you'll find enough help

4. ascentor

Thanks for the quick replies. I guess I will go and buy a patton.

Thx

DaveJ

5. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Hi Dave. I would agree, the Patton is the nicest gateway device at the moment. And yes, 3CX can handle multiple gateways easily.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.