Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

MultiTenant Vmail to Email not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by purpleone, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purpleone

Hi All,

I have an installation of the new multi tenant version, running on a VM 2008 server. Everything works apart from emailing vmail. Voicemail is recorded, but the email does not reach its destination. I had turn up the logging, but can't find any reference to it trying to send email.

Can someone point me at the correct log to troubleshoot?

Cheers.

2. albertc

Are you using your own smtp server or you are using the one provided by your ISP? If you use your own smtp server, make sure the ip address for your MultiTenant is authorized for message replay in your smtp server. If you are using the one provided by your ISP, the vmail email may end up at the recipient's junk/spam mail folder (fairly common you are using a 3rd party relay).

3. Aboxtech

Is the email even making it outside your box? You might want to install wireshark and see what's actually happening.

4. tom_ch

If you use Exchange 2007 or higher as SMTP Server in 3CX, you have to enable the internal relay on Exchange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.