• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

MultiTenant Vmail to Email not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

purpleone

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an installation of the new multi tenant version, running on a VM 2008 server. Everything works apart from emailing vmail. Voicemail is recorded, but the email does not reach its destination. I had turn up the logging, but can't find any reference to it trying to send email.

Can someone point me at the correct log to troubleshoot?

Cheers.

Are you using your own smtp server or you are using the one provided by your ISP? If you use your own smtp server, make sure the ip address for your MultiTenant is authorized for message replay in your smtp server. If you are using the one provided by your ISP, the vmail email may end up at the recipient's junk/spam mail folder (fairly common you are using a 3rd party relay).

Is the email even making it outside your box? You might want to install wireshark and see what's actually happening.

If you use Exchange 2007 or higher as SMTP Server in 3CX, you have to enable the internal relay on Exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.