• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Music on hold AND call signaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBSYSTEM

Reaction score
Hello,

My client needs to have music on hold as soon as a customer calls him and he wants the standard to be able to take several calls at the same time.

So, I don't find any way to give Music on hold and the ability to signal to the phone that there is a new call coming...

If someone can help,

thank you
Cyril

Are you talking about replacing the ringback tone with music, as a few Mobile companies in the US have allowed as a feature?
I haven't seen that done in any PBX's that I've seen as it could cause confusion if the caller isn't familiar with it.

no i mean like in the queues, music on hold instead of the ringback tone like 3CX does but i need the phone to be alerted of a new call even if it's busy, like for direct calls.

Hi,

This can be done with a ring group, its seems to satisfy everything your are after, you can also allow multiple phone to take muliple calls from the ring group. Simply change according to the instruction below.

1 a. Go to 3CX Phone System > Extensions > (EACH EXT NUM) > Forwarding Rules > Busy Detection Mechanism
b. Enable "Use Phone Staus"
c. Press Apply and OK.

2 a. 3CX Phone System > Settings > Advanced > Custom Parameters
b. Search for "ALLOW"
c. Change the Value of "ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP" to 1.
d. Press Apply and OK

Where can i do this in Ver 9 ???

It seams there is no Busy Detection Mechanism

Hi,

ok it works but I still don't have music on hold, right ? is there a way to have it and in the same time call signaling on the phone ?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.