Music on Hold Features request

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by infonet, Jan 10, 2017.

Music on Hold Features request 4.9 5 19votes
4.9/5, 19 votes

?

Music on Hold features request

1. Urgent Very Important features

24 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Good to have

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. infonet

Hi,

There are small but very important features that are missing from 3CX.

1. Music on hold file specified on Queue.

It seems “music on hold” specified on queues is not starting from the beginning.
    This is causing an issue as I have 2 minutes music file and I mix the “waiting message” every 15 seconds within the same wav file.

The problem is that music on hold most of the time is starting in the middle of the waiting message. As I understand there is no other option to add the waiting message separately from the music on hold and specify the interval time to hear the waiting message. No problem with that but at least we should have the option to be able to select if the music on hold will start from the beginning or to start it randomized.

2. When a call is transferred from the Digital receptionist to the Queue

When a call is transferred from the Digital receptionist to the queue there is a small interval until the transfer is completed and the call in connected. In that interval you are hearing a noise as it starts the default music on hold of the system for half a second and then the queue music on hold will start . I solved the issue by adding 2 seconds delay on the main music on hold wav file. This may be fixed by adding an option to enable or disable main music on hold while the call is still in the queue.

3. Queue intro Prompt and music on hold

When enable the queue intro prompt and music on hold within a queue the music on hold continues to play in the background.
    Here we should have an option to hear the queue prompt and specify after how may seconds to start the music on hold. Or to specify if we like to play the music on hold in the background.
    The best feature here is to have the a third option to specify waiting prompt wav file that can be configure by interval.
    For example we have the queue prompt, as soon as it's completed, the music on hold should start but we need to have a third option to specify "Please wait your call is important to us" message that will be play by the specify interval in seconds.
    As it's now the "please wait message" has to be mix in the wav file. Having also the random start on music on hold this creating a big mess.

4. System default messages.

When transferring a call from Digital receptionist to Queue the automatic prompt will play " Please wait until I transfer your call". I know that this can be replaced with an empty file but the is also causing a delay between the transfer. This should be also configurable from Call Queues and from digital receptionist if we like to play the default prompts or disable the default prompts without causing delays between.

2. pdq2

streaming music from shoutcast/icecast server would also be gret!

DolbySR likes this.
  3. alchemy

agreed on those points in the OP's post.

We had those issues, and ended up having to reduce the volume of the MOH so that the intro could actually be heard.

I'd suggest that the MOH shouldn't be played whilst the intro is running, and also, should be "paused" whilst items like "You are caller x in the queue" are being played, so as the MOH doesn't stop people from hearing the queue position notification.

ecom2 likes this.
  4. JamesIOH

Having issue number 3 with on hold playing under intro prompt. Thought I was clever to add quiet before on hold started, but then hitting issue 1 with on hold just starting at random spots in file. Already wasted half a day trying to solve this issue when there should not be an issue.

5. infohit

Completely agree. I wrote this just a few minutes ago, before finding this thread...

mortenjorge likes this.
  6. narkumas

narkumas New Member

7. kieferschild

+1 for me too.

Having a "global music on hold" that applies to everything is a real pain.

the same MOH applies when transferring a call from A to B and also when calling from 3CX Client, the MOH plays on the handset instead of a calling tone.

It seems very unusual for your caller to be transferred from a queue (listening to onhold.wav) to then go to your advertisement.wav for xx seconds whilst it's transferred to the next destination (transfer to external number)

cgrc likes this.
  8. cgrc

hi'

in the case of a multisite project within different companies with different activities, it is very important to dissociate each one by a singular music on hold !!

even in a single business, you may have different activities which needs to be identify by clients by a different music on hold.

for my part, the solution is : to be able to apply a different music on hold by "group" because "groups" don't prevent to call someone else in other groups in the case of an internal call for example.

Thanks

CG

ecom2 likes this.
  9. MatthewHood

yes, these points (original post) are a pain point for my clients as well.

10. Justin Passfield

+1 for this. Also maybe partner up with a couple radio stations that do online streaming, and allow them to be the hold music. That would be cool

11. Christian Hoechst

12. Paul Fouche

Im currently trying to figure this out and its a pain +1 for the post

13. ecom2

This is so true! The delay when a call transfer from digital receptionist and the the MOH play for 2 second then it connected to queue is very very irritating. i remember i have raised this concern with the technical support, they said it is like this and cannot do anything so solve this issue. So i do believe these delay can solve if they focus on doing it. because when customer press a button, that delay sometime may make them think maybe the button did not work or nothing gonna happened.
    Hope 3CX take this into consideration as i see they are working so hard to make 3cx system a beast.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. UE@Work

+1
    We have lines coming in on queues from 2 different areas that need individual welcome message (this is OK) and individual MOH. We advertise our services in the MOH and these are different for the 2 areas.