Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

music on hold for 3CXPhone softphone?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by wookee, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookee

I have the free softphone (not the PBX phone system) and was wondering if it supports music on hold and if so how you configure it?

I have only just started using it so haven't had the opportunity to put anyone on hold yet so I don't know what happens when you do and none of the 3CX documentation mentions it.

Does anyone know about this?

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi the 3CX Softpone does NOT it self generate the On-Hold music, this can only be done by the PBX Server (3CX Server)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

The proper way to see it is, when placing a call on hold the 3CX softphone signals the PBX/ VoIP provider to place the call on hold. Now it is true that not all voip providers support music on hold and you cannot change the VoIP provider music on hold at any time. WIth voip providers piano themes seem to be popular choices.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.