Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Music on hold randomisation issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pmacleod, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmacleod

Hi All,

I'm currently having a strange issue with the random hold music feature...or lack thereof. I understand v11 is going to have a whole bunch more MOH options but I'd really rather get this fixed on v10 first. The box itself is a virtual machine (Hyper-V) running 2008 Server SP2 with a 3CX v10 SP6 installation.

I've set up 5 audio tracks in the MOH section, with the "Control behaviour" option ticked with randomisation of MOH per call. Incoming calls hit the digital receptionist, where they make a selection to go to their destination of choice (they happen to be ring groups.) The call goes on hold as it transfers to the group, with a random music track. The call is picked up and chat occurs, but if the call is then placed on hold again the random music choice will play for 1-2 seconds, pause briefly then start playing the first song selected in the MOH settings. Every time.

At first I thought it was a call queue issue, as there are separate MOH options per queue available in addition to the system-wide settings. So, I pulled all the queues and made them all ring groups instead. The behaviour did not change.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,
    Paul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.