Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Music On Hold Settings - Play List

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lasantha Kankanamge, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasantha Kankanamge

Once the play list is created under music on hold, it shows the list of wave files attached without any issue. But when I go to call queue and try to add the created Playlist it does not play anything. These same wave files are working when I add one by one via music on hold area without a Playlist ( General MOH) . Does anyone think I have done something wrong ?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Lasantha Kankanamge

Can you please clarify what PBX version you are running? You can see the build number on the Dashboard of the management console next to the licence info.
    Also is the 3CX Phonesystem 01 AudioProvider service listed and running under services?

3. Lasantha Kankanamge

Hi,

Version is 15.5.5
    There is no build number on this page. ( http://xxxxx:5000/#/app/settings/license )

no. I don't see 3CX Phonesystem 01 AudioProvider service listed or running..

Here with attached the screen shot.
    Thanks

Lasantha

Attached Files:

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If you upgraded from a previous version on a windows installation then you need to perform a backup and re-install using the new installer as the service will not install with the upgrade procedure.
    Make sure the backup is stored in a non 3CX location before un-installing.

5. Lasantha Kankanamge

Hi,

I don't remember that we have upgraded the software by running a installation. But there were lot of automatic upgrades happening time to time. You mean to say here. I should take a backup to a external drive and uninstall the current software and re-install the latest version. Will that be safe and not create any issues when restoring..

If I take a back up copy from the Backup and & restore Menu, will that include all required data ? Or Do I have to get anything else manually ?
    Please confirm before uninstall.

Thanks

Lasantha Kankanamge

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure that you install it on the same machine with the same local IP and MAC address. Also make sure all settings you wish to retain are selected in the backup dialog box and the backup is stored somewhere safe before un-installing. Download the latest installer from our website and re-install the system using the backup. All the settings you selected will return along with the audio service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.