• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Music on Hold sound awefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKhalli

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have problems with the music on hold to function properly.

Whenever i put someone on hold they get a sound asif a train runs through the phone.

Its the default musiconhold file and it is on the proper location.

However if i try to play the file, i get an error about my sounddevice. Does the phoneserver require an soundcard?

this is a part of my log file:
09:58:25.230 StratLink::eek:nHangUp Call(C:E): Ext.770 hung up call; reason: BYE
09:58:23.198 MediaServerReporting::RTPSender from 'viop-srv-01:0/MediaServer':EP 00000018@(ACTIVE): RTP stream to 10.10.1.41:5004 restored.
09:58:06.105 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected Call(C:E): Created audio channel for Ext.770 (10.10.1.44:16464) with third party (10.10.1.41:5006)
09:58:06.073 StratInOut::eek:nConnected Call(C:E): Setup completed for call from Ext.110 to Ext.770
09:58:06.073 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected Call(C:E): Created audio channel for Ext.110 (10.10.1.41:5006) with third party (10.10.1.44:16464)
09:57:55.308 CallConf::eek:nProvisional Call(C:E): got response from 770
09:57:54.886 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:E): Incoming call from Ext.110 to sip:[email protected]
09:57:52.730 MediaServerReporting::RTPSender from 'viop-srv-01:0/MediaServer':EP 00000018@(ACTIVE): Can't send RTP stream to 0.0.0.0:5004 destination unreachable
09:57:37.870 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected Call(C:D): Created audio channel for Ext.110 (10.10.1.41:5004) with Media Server (10.10.1.12:7020)
09:57:37.855 StratInOut::eek:nConnected Call(C:D): Setup completed for call from Ln:10001@Voiceworks Notom to Ext.110
09:57:37.855 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected Call(C:D): Created audio channel for Ln:10001@Voiceworks Notom (213.239.164.176:17346) with Media Server (81.171.23.30:9000)
09:57:34.870 CallConf::eek:nProvisional Call(C:D): got response from 110
09:57:34.808 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:D): Incoming call from Ln:10001@Voiceworks Notom to sip:[email protected]:5080

Please help me fix it. Also one phone registers but never rings, and no connection can be established.

greetings,
DaKhalli

Hi,

Newer version of PBX is available.

PBX requires only DirectShow for reading files. You can check it using DirectShow filter manager (http://www.softella.com/dsfm/index.en.htm)

Thanks,
Stepan

ok installed the new version, tested music on hold between extensions, thats working. Tomorrow i will test if the music on hold works also for external lines.

Btw, is there a dutch languagepack available?

ok i music on holdstill sounds awefull.

We use a mix of grandstream 2000 and motorola dect phones.

Do i need to bind all phones to the mediaserver to provide on hold music (internal it works)

It is better to bind all external destinations to MediaServer. Also you can try to uncheck "Supports Re-Invite" for problematic destinations (where "music on hold" sounds awful)

Sorry, but you didn't describe what do you mean "awful". Is it related to cracked sound, loudness or just "noise instead of music"?

noise instead of music, tho if i dial a internal extension and get put on hold i hear the music just fine. Also the receptionist is unable to take back the call in some occasions (not all wierd enough)

There is a mixture of linksys ata's and grandstream2000 phones, it wont hurt to put them all on bind to mediaserver and uncheck supports reinvite?

The 3cx runs on its own server so it has "space" to work :D

Also sometimes an extension cannot dial out, all the log shows is:
ext x dial failed.

thx in advance

DaKhalli said:
ok installed the new version, tested music on hold between extensions, thats working. Tomorrow i will test if the music on hold works also for external lines.

Btw, is there a dutch languagepack available?

I am working on a basic translation as we speak give it a few days/weeks for completion. (so many things so little time :--))

DaKhalli said:
noise instead of music, tho if i dial a internal extension and get put on hold i hear the music just fine. Also the receptionist is unable to take back the call in some occasions (not all wierd enough)

There is a mixture of linksys ata's and grandstream2000 phones, it wont hurt to put them all on bind to mediaserver and uncheck supports reinvite?

The 3cx runs on its own server so it has "space" to work :D

Also sometimes an extension cannot dial out, all the log shows is:
ext x dial failed.

thx in advance

I can suggest to configure all LOCAL Grandstreams as support Re-Invite and Replaces and don't force bind them to media server.

Bind all EXTERNAL (if any) devices (extensions, gateways) to media server.

Then uncheck "Supports Re-Invite" for each problematic devices (problematic means - devices received "noise instead of music").

Such configuration will use media server only in case if one of call party is bound to media server or doesn't support invite. All other will talk directly.

Regards,
Stepan

itfarmer: cool could you send me a copy at doorstep (apestaart) zonnet (punt) nl ?

sy:
Ok so the grandstreams support the reinvite and replace header feature.

With external lines you mean also the ata's?

The problem seems to be in the grandstreams aswel, since its a grandstream device that picks up my call, then put me on hold and the noise comes.

point is, i hear the noise but the peeps on the 3cx dont hear anything. Somehow it seems asif the wav file is jittered, but then again it works between extensions. Just not with customers calling in or they calling the customers.

Thanks for the fast help guys.

17:54:05.423 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(129) is rejected: Not acceptable here
17:54:05.423 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(129): Call from Ext.220 to 0622510966 terminated; cause: 488 Not acceptable here; from IP:213.239.164.175
17:54:05.173 MediaServerReporting::InitEndPoint [MS003005] Call(129) Ln:10001@Voiceworks Notom: Failed to create Endpoint:
17:54:05.173 MediaServerReporting::portMapper [MS006000] Call(129) Ln:10001@Voiceworks Notom: No ports available to create EXTERNAL enpoint
17:54:05.173 CallLegImpl::initMSEndpoint [CM003001] Call(129): *!* Failed to create MediaServer endpoint for Ln:10001@Voiceworks Notom
17:54:05.126 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(129): Incoming call from 220 (Ext.220) to sip:[email protected]

what does this mean?

i have two voip providors trying to get one extension to route through the 2nd, not working so far. it always picks the other one.

DaKhalli said:
itfarmer: cool could you send me a copy at doorstep (apestaart) zonnet (punt) nl ?

sy:
Ok so the grandstreams support the reinvite and replace header feature.

With external lines you mean also the ata's?

The problem seems to be in the grandstreams aswel, since its a grandstream device that picks up my call, then put me on hold and the noise comes.

point is, i hear the noise but the peeps on the 3cx dont hear anything. Somehow it seems asif the wav file is jittered, but then again it works between extensions. Just not with customers calling in or they calling the customers.

Thanks for the fast help guys.

External, means extensions or PSTN gateways that is working outside of local network and configured as external in PBX configuration.

device that put you on hold is not a source of problem. Device that will receive new stream (there is a re-invite process with renegotiations of codecs etc. and it can be eliminated by removing re-invite support) is subject to check. I just tried to suggest you possible solutions to get new information... You didn't specify type of ATA, and other devices that is in use (except Grandstream. I'm sure, probably I'm not right :) , that calls between Grandstream works fine)...

Sorry, I really don't hear noise in your phone...

Regards,
Stepan

[quote="SY

External, means extensions or PSTN gateways that is working outside of local network and configured as external in PBX configuration.

Ok have only one, thats my laptop here at home.

device that put you on hold is not a source of problem. Device that will receive new stream (there is a re-invite process with renegotiations of codecs etc. and it can be eliminated by removing re-invite support) is subject to check. I just tried to suggest you possible solutions to get new information...

Ok so disabling the re-invite will probably stop the noise.

You didn't specify type of ATA, and other devices that is in use (except Grandstream. I'm sure, probably I'm not right :) , that calls between Grandstream works fine)...

Sorry for that, theres a few greandstreams, and siputura ATA with motorola phones connected to them.
since im at home currently i cannot see wich type of siptura ata they are.
Also calls between all phones internal works (WITH music on hold) is just external callers (customers) en dialing out to external numbers that cause the problems.

Sorry, I really don't hear noise in your phone...
did you listen to my line :D?

Regards,
Stepan[/quote]

No, I can't listen your line, so it is subject to "sorry" :D

Where from call is coming(from customers)? VoIP provider or PSTN gateway? may be we try to find problem in different place?

all calls come in through a voip providor.

i have 2 accounts at that voip providor, and made 2 gateways.

gateway on is used by all extensions except 740

gateway 2 is used only by 740 (this currently does NOT work 740 goes through gateway 1 but thats for later)

so all incomming phonetraffic comes through the voip providor.

ill set all extension to bind to mediaserver and uncheck the support re0invite (also for the grandstreams for now) see if it solves the problem.

DaKhalli,

You need to just uncheck "Supports re-invite" in VoIP provider configuration.

Which VoIP provider you are using?

Regards,
Stepan.

im using voiceworks (http://www.voiceworks.nl) i dont think theres a template for it yet, but ill do the suggested thing. Thx for the info so far

thanks yall unchecking the supports re0invite in the voip gateway properties did the trick

Music on hold works as a charm now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.