• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Music on Hold Sounds Terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson1

Silver Partner
Reaction score
I've read every forum post I could find. I've tried the recommendations found on 3CX site, YouTube, etc.

The 3CX-provided onhold.wav sounds great on internal and external calls put on hold. Every single song I've tweaked to conform to the 8000 Hz, 16-bit, Mono, PCM, WAV format sounds like complete crap, but only on external calls. I can get the volume right, but it devolves quickly into what can only be described as a wind tunnel with a little music in the background. I've limited the volume, adjusted for any peaking, adjusted the EQ to kill the highs and lows, tried different sample rates, etc. Again, it sounds fine on internal calls put on hold, but does the wind tunnel thing on external calls put on hold. My last thought was maybe the Patton SN4312 is doing something weird to the audio, but the default MOH song sounds fine.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

I'm running 3CX v12 SP6 on Windows 7 Pro.

Hi there,
Are you running latest firmware available from Patton site on your SN4312?

Wondered what the resolve to this was. I have the same exact issue. Sounds fine internally, and awful for external callers. I converted the file to mono, 16 bit, 8000 MHz. Still way too loud.

Using a Patton SN4980 gateway.

Use "Audacity" - drag the audio file onto the workspace - select Effect->Equalization->AM Radio. Under File, export Audio to a WAV file and you are done. It will sound great - well - AM Radio-ish - but clear and not distorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.