Music on Hold

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giovanni0826, Jun 22, 2007.

1. giovanni0826

I've noticed that my music on hold works for one provider but not for another. anyone noticing that issue.

2. j8994

no, but i did notice that after i did the 3.1 update, music on hold dont work at all now. and some of my calls fail, which they havent done before. xlite gives a call failed : sip error, this happend when i call or some one calles me. started ater the update.

3. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Check their 'supports re-invites' setting.

Some providers like to supply their own music on hold when put on hold. If you un tick the 'supports re-invites' setting the PBX will deliver the music on hold itself

4. j8994

yeah i did that, music still wont work, it did before the update. the incoming provider is freedigits.com. and outgoing is voicecheap.com.

5. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

What about internal on hold? If you call from extension to extension and put a leg on hold will he/she here on hold music ?

Did you see any 'special' log entries in the server status page by any chance ?

Also What version did you upgrade from ?

6. j8994

no, i havent tested extension to extension. im a have to download a second softphone to test, also i updated from 3.0

7. j8994

i tested the extentsions, and i cant play music on hold internal either

8. giovanni0826

what end device are you using?

9. j8994

two softphones, and i have also tested with my vonage phone, its a vtech IP8100. and i also called it from a niegbors. same thing no music

10. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Sorry for my last post I meant to write hear not 'here'. (it was late :oops: )

If you upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1 you should not be encountering such a problem. I am afraid that something might be wrong with your music on hold file., though if it was the case something should have appeared in your server status log.

Can you try with a custom music on hold ? You can apply this in the general settings page.

For maximum compatability (and no resampling from the server) use 8KHz 16bit PCMU encoded wav files. Windows sound utility can conver to this format. Then test once again on internal phones. Your best bet is setting your devices as not 'support reinvite' (unticked). Once that works try with the voip providers

BTW is the music on hold on your working provider the 3CX music on hold ?

11. j8994

i tryed all of that, and no luck.

i used my own on hold music and the one that came with 3cx

12. j8994

ok, internal on hold is working, external isnt.
    this is what im getting in the log for external that was made to the pbx

Code:
    MediaServerReporting::RTPReceiver
    [MS005001] Call(15) Ext.100: payload #126 doesn't correspond initial SDP datalen=4 

[MS005001] Call(15) Ext.100: payload #126 doesn't correspond initial SDP datalen=4 

MediaServerReporting::RTPSender 
    [MS004000] Call(15) Ext.100: (ACTIVE): Can't send RTP stream to 0.0.0.0:32432 destination unreachable 

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you set the extension as external. It also looks that somehow the destination is translated to 0.0.0.0

14. j8994

no, i havent set them to external. but ill give it try.

15. j8994

ok, i tryed it, and the on hold music still dont work. i even tried bind to media server. still not working. its wierd as it worked before the update. the reason i did the update, was to get rid of the beep that would happen on the lines.

16. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

If it works for internal calls but doesn't work for external, then uncheck "support re-Invite" for both VoIP providers.

17. j8994

i did that, still doesnt work. i have been goign throught the forums with no luck. i may try to uninstall and reinstall. and rebuild from scratch. as this is by far the most user friends setup i have seen. so it wont take no more then 20 minutes to rebuild.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you actually have the MOH file intstalled?

When you transfer a call from one phone to the other do you hear nothing at al?

It could be that your run out of RTC ports?

19. j8994

yeah it should be, all i did was update. as for the port issue, how can tell.

20. giovanni0826

who is your service provider.