Music on incoming Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by seebacher, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seebacher

Hello,

is there a Way to play a sound file while the caller is waiting for a answer from the called DID? i dont mean the MOH future...

I mean when i directly call an extension and while the extension is ringing play a music...

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @seebacher

You will need to add that extension in a queue and direct the DID to the queue. So when call comes in the caller will hear the music on hold you have set for that queue.

3. seebacher

ohhh thats not good. its a hotel with about 100 Extensions... is there no other way? his old analog pbx has that future :(

that extensions are also guest rooms not just the hotel extensions...

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I understand that you have a PBX that currently offers this , and you want to duplicate it, unfortunately, it is very unusual. I have seen it offered before, by a mobile provider, in the US, that allowed you to choose the music that any caller, to your number, would hear. The problem is, it causes confusion, as most people are used to hearing ringback tone. I suppose that you could replace the ringback tone file, with one that is recorded music. That would replace ringback in all cases, system wide, and I'm not aware of anyone requesting it before, let alone testing it.
    You could always put in a feature suggestion in the Ideas forum.

5. seebacher

so that tells me that ATM this is not working as i would need it right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.