• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Music over Paging Speakers - And Interrupt on Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanky

Reaction score
I've been playing around with sending music over my paging speakers, like grocery stores. Music plays in the background, but then when a page occurs it interrupts the music and upon completing the page the music would resume (the music does NOT need to pause).

I'm running 3CX 14 pack 3 (updating to 15.5 shortly), I have Valcom VIP-130AL speakers all setup as SIP. I've got music to come through the speakers using AcroVista Background Music Service; it only uses Multicast. In the Valcom setup I can setup groups that have different priority levels, but the groups seem kind of pointless since I can't register the group on 3CX.

Basically, I am currently stuck with either paging or having music come through the speakers, it seems like I'm so close to the setup, but just can't get it to all communicate.

Additionally, I am using BellCommander for bells and alarms as well as Cyberdata for a handful of old analog speakers I have. I don't need the analog speakers to play music, but offer up Cyberdata as another potential feature to assist. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

3CX supports paging to multicast. So just make sure the paging multicast group in 3cx matches the higher priority group on your Valcom and the group used by the Cyberdata (unless you want them separately zoned).

To make a multicast page from 3CX 14, create a ring group, set type to paging and check the box for Multicast.
For v15/v15.5 go to ring group, choose "Add paging", set paging strategy to Multicast

Then to page dial the paging ring group number you configured.

Yeah I can get it to play over Multicast, what I'm really struggling with is getting it to interrupt the multicast when the higher priority comes in. Currently it just plays over the other, but is virtually distinguishable. I was hoping for an alternative solution to get these to play?

Yeah I can get it to play over Multicast, what I'm really struggling with is getting it to interrupt the multicast when the higher priority comes in. Currently it just plays over the other, but is virtually distinguishable. I was hoping for an alternative solution to get these to play?

You really just need to troubleshoot the page priority. Reach out to Cyberdata for help. It shouldn't be overly complicated it is a pretty standard feature with Multicast Paging.

Paging priority is definitely key here when using Multicast and SIP as CentrexJ mentioned.

How I do it when the speakers are analog is use a Viking FBI-1A Anti-Feedback Paging interface with a Snom PA-1 outputting the audio to it. You can loop in background music and when a page is made, it completely cuts off the background music. I've also seen analog amplifiers doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.