Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

music sound when ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by meersmans, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meersmans

Hi,

I would like to have a music sound for the customers when they call. I am new to the 3cx system and it's not clear for me how to configure this.

- Is this the music on hold in general settings? Or is that for when press the hold button while calling?
    - Is this with the digital receptionist? But then a walk-around that the user don't has to press a key..?
    - Is this in the queue settings (so not for the free license? )
    - Or do i have to change the ringtone wav file in the installation folder?

Please help me. I know it's possible with the 3xc system, it's just not clear for me.

Thx.

2. meersmans

Somebody...? I am using an spa3102 ata

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Music will be played for various reasons that you have mentioned. You can create your own music, if you wish.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/wav-file-parameters-18407.html#p92903
    For prompts,go down to Creating new audio files http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/localize-promptsets/

You can't change the ringtone that caller initially hear (before you/3CX answers) as that comes from their provider.

4. meersmans

Thx for the reply. But can you give me a scenario how i can set a music ringtone right after when to phone goes over (rings)? I cannot make it working in the free version... :( I've tried everything i've mentioned above.

I have my wav file, so the file isn't a problem.

5. meersmans

Anyone...?

6. meersmans

So I got a pm from leejor to say i can play a sound via queue. But queue is in the paid version.

Can someone answer this question: Is it possible to play a music sound (in the free version) when the call is ringing:
    - not via the queue
    - not via the digital receptionist (because i don't want the user to let him choose options)

Hope someone can answer this one.

Thx

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are talking about replacing the ringback tone (after the initial ones provided by the phone company) with music.

So someone dials a number...ring, ring, ring...music (for how long?)...then what?

What are you trying to accomplish (besides confusing callers)? Perhaps if you explained for what sort of purpose this would be used, someone might come up with a solution. I don't see the ringback tone being replaced. Calls are answered and can be sent to a voicemail, that plays music, but then what eventually do you want the caller to reach, and how long do they have to listen to music?

A while back, (and they may still offer it) one of the US mobile companies offered the option to have your callers listen to music of you choice rather than ringback tone. It was the most annoying, and confusing things I have encountered. the person that had it on their phone eventually took it off at their friends insistence.

People are used to hearing ringback tone, it tells them that the call is proceeding properly and they picture a phone ringing at the far end. You expect music when on hold, it tells you that you are still connected. Coming on suddenly after a few rings, just causes people to question what is going on. Did someone answer, and then put me on hold, do I wait, or call back?

8. meersmans

Ok, I see what you mean. I'll try to explain more detailed what I meant:

What i want is the situation when someone calls, he hears this: "Welcome to "company name" please hold the line. our representatives shall be with you shortly." and then a slow music sound.

Maybe after a while a new sound "All of our operators are busy, please hold the line"...

I thought this is something common that happens, no? I've got a lot of companies on the phone with such an approach.

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

I think that the queue does exactly what you are looking for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.