Mutli Length Extensions?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TechJimF, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechJimF

I am evaluating 3CX to replace our aging Avaya PBX. One of the things I have implemented is multi length extensions.

Currently I use the following:

4-digits for extensions and queue pilots
    6-digits for auxiliary extensions used by our tech group
    7-digits for inbound DNIS, receiving toll free numbers and DIDs

I initially setup my extension length in 3CX as 4-digits. I read on this board (can not find the thread) that going to Settings >Parameter Settings the ENL, extension number length can be changed. I have briefly tried it after creating a 4-digit extension. I changed the ENL to 7-digits and created a Digital Receptionist with a 7-digit number. Then switched back to 4-digit and everything worked.

Is this a viable solution? I would have my ENL set to 4-digits for extensions and when adding Digital Receptionists or DIDs for tollfree and local numbers only switch to 7-digits, then switch back. Also would switch for 6-digit auxiliary extensions.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @TechJimF

Please note that 3CX is designed to work with one extension length across the board and changing extension lengths can cause serious issues with the stability of the system. I would recommend un-installing the system and re-installing it using one extension length.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.