MWI and email notify suddenly stop working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tj18, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj18

Hello.

We are using YealinkT28/T26 phones on Abyss server. The 3CX is recently upgraded to v.10 and all was working great for a couple weeks after the upgrade..
    Issue: Suddenly the message light indication no longer illuminates when new voice mails are received. Secondly, the email notifications that are set up on specific mailboxes are not being generated.

All system services have been restarted, and a hard reboot took place late last week. All other phone related functionality seems to be working fine. Any ideas with the MWI would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What version are you running? Free, Demo, paid?

3. tj18

Full paid version

4. tj18

leejor, any ideas or advice?

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Check your license status. Go to Activate License, try reapplying your license key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tj18

I see it here. I re-typed the key, filled out remaining fields and selected Activate. After selecting "yes" to reboot the system, it seems as though there was trouble getting it back online. I proceeded to the Services page and restarted all. Phones are up, but the MWI still seems to be broken. New voice mails also aren't arriving via email on the selected mailboxes who should receive them.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

While I'd love to once again blame tyhe Yealink junk, it appears that it is a server issue. Quick and dirty solution, backup the 3CX config, remove, reinstall 3CX and restore backup. 15-20mins max and let us know (ps it backs up and restores your license as well, no need to retype ;-))

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. tj18

RESOLVED Re: MWI and email notify suddenly stop working

Update: There was a service that halted and stopped running. This was causing the issue - I believe everything had to be manually stopped and restarted and this is what cleared up the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.