MWI for SPA 942, 962 new firmware changed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by landfiets, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Hi

I just found out that the new firmware for SPA 962 # 5.2.2. is working normal with MWI now.
    In our forum about this MWI issue we told you to switch the "message waiting" off allthough it worked then.
    Now this issue changed and the bug in SPA firmware is gone.

It means that when you recently upgraded your firmware to 5.2.2. you might have noticed that the voicemail MWI didn't work anymore. That's because you now have to choose the logical thing: "message waiting" ON !!

It works now as it should.

Succes

Big-Ed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

That would be great news! Thanks for letting us know we will re-test right away

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikarora

Would it be possible for you to explain the brief steps required to setup MWI for SPA 962 with 3CX ?

Thanks,
    Mik

4. jantoney

login to the SPA962 web interface
    go ADMIN LOGIN
    Advanced
    click the ext you are modifying
    change 'Message Waiting:' to YES

5. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

hello, if I may ask, how did you find firmware with version 5.2.2 . I am currently looking on Linksys website, and I can only find 5.2.5 and the problem is that my phone doesn't want to upgrade. That little executable that I downloaded from Linksys website, locates my phone, starts upgrade procedures, but then it tells me that my phone upgraded to version 5.1.8 . That means it didn't upgrade because that is the exact version I had on it to begin with. :cry:

Perhaps if you could send me on my email the firmware 5.2.2 that you used? my email is ca at 3cx dot com

Thanks

6. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello
    i am also trying to update, but i just find the version 5.1.8 wich is the one i already have

cheers

7. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I just found 5.2.5 from the US linksys website. I'd be happy to email it to anyone that can't find it.
    I don't see anything in the version history on WMI though. The version history mentions the SPA922 and SPA942.
    Message texting sound interesting and usefull (3CX guys any thoughts?)
    Also some notes on provisioning. Anyone know where I can get the provisioning files from?

I have no idea if this link will work but here is where I found it:
    http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...2406996B03&displaypage=download#versiondetail

8. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

My phones updated without any problems. The update utility said it was 5.2.2 but the phone says 5.2.5 so I'm guessing it worked.

9. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Okay Rob, please check in the coming days if the MWI dropdown menu in the SPA stays on "yes".
    As I said somewhere in the forum, I have some prob's with keeping the menu on "yes" instead of "no".
    The function is working correctly with MWI but it sometimes "forgets" that it has to stat on "yes"

Please test it from your side by checking so now and then and inform me

10. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

As soon as I change the no to yes and save it switches back to no. The feature works for me but in 2 offices the lights work for 1-3 days. Then a reboot and it is good again for another 1-3 days. The 1-3 days seems to change depending on how many calls that phone has had - not a lot of calls it goes for about 3 days. Personally I don't get a lot of calls so I am a bad tester since it always works for me.

11. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Hey guys, I tried the link from the US website. Results are exactly the same for my SPA941. (941 and 942 are identical except that 942 has 2 networks cards and PoE if am not mistaken so firmware is the same) . So basically when I try to upgrade, it reports to me that it has upgraded , but to the current version and it doesn't really upgrade. I have even tried another procedure, which is setting up a TFTP server and issuing the upgrade command from the browser. The syntax of the Upgrade URL is as follows:
    http://spa-ip-addr/admin/upgrade?[protocol://][server-name[:port]][/firmware-pathname]

This info I found in the SPAs admin guide. Unfortunately the upgrade procedure again doesn't work as it is trying to find some other file which is not included in the zip file I downloaded from the Linksys site for firmware upgrade.

Anyway, if anyone has better luck with it than myself, please let me know.

Regards.

12. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Okay, when anyone wants this firmware send me a PM with your emailadress and I will email it to you

ED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.