MWI issue with 3cx and SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by npereira, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npereira

I'm having a problem with the MWI.

MY phone company does not provide voicemail or MWI, I rely on the 3CX's voicemail for this.
    The analog set connected to the SPA3102 has its MWI light flashing and studdered dial tone, yet there is no message on the coresponding voicemail box of the Extension 200 which is the analog set connected to the SPA3102.

How is this working for MWI on the 3cx and is there a way to cancel the MWI and only have it light when there are actual messages in the mailbox?

This is driving me crazy !

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. npereira

ok, it looks like the 3cx is not sending the MWI message to the extension assiciated to the mailbox.
    My issue was the SPA was setup to "message Waiting" = ON which basically the SPA sends the message to the analog set. This was not setup by VM (3CX).

Does the 3cx have the ability to send MWI ? If so, how is this done?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3CX will send MWI on either a paid version or if you are using the Demo licence (restricted to two calls), not the standard free version

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.