MWI light working for other extensions...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miraportuga, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Wonder if its possible to do the following, I have an unregistered extension with voice mail active that i use has a Group Voice mail, its for someone that calls to leave a Message to anyone at my house. Is it possible to make MWI light to work on a diferent extension? (Ex: Voice mail is extension 110 and phones are all under that, can i configure extension 105 to use MWI light to tell me if theres a voice mail on extension 110?).
    Im using currently SPA901, PAP2, SPA3102 and Grandstream GXP2000

Cheers

P.S. - I can make WMI work for the extension itself, just not for another extension like i want.....

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

As far as I know you have to have it registered to make WMI work.

I don't recall what the 901 phones does but with the other ones in that series you could have multiple extensions registered on the same phone. Not sure how the WMI works if both have a VM. I can try it out once I get my MWI working again.

Or you could use call assistant?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

This phone has 1 single line, so it only allows to register one extension, what i want now is, make this extension check the email that is on another extension and turn the light on in case that extension has a voice mail..... :|

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I thought that was a 1 line phone. You're out of luck on that. The phone has to register and then checks for VM onn that registration info. If you get a 2 line phone then you can do it (I think - I'll try testing that tonight).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

bah.... dam it... well, i know this isnt the right right place to do it, but since we're at it....
    Feature Request: Group Voice Mail(if i can call it this way) to make WMI work on any extension registered, in other words, a common voice mail to all extensions on the phone system :|

Cheers and thks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.