MWI on SPA942

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by david.blair, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david.blair

I am having an issue with 3CX and Linksys SPA942 phones.
    The voicemail Message indicator light (MWI) is on all the time. I have updated the phones to the latest firmware, which made no difference.

Every time I switch the “Message Waiting” parameter within the phones to “No”, the phone simply switches it back to “yes” and the light stays on.

I have removed all voicemail configuration options from within the phone, (left them blank) and disabled the voicemail for that particular extension from within 3CX itself. The light still stays on.

I’ve looked through all the other supplementary settings on the phone and changed anything which I think may be relevant but nothing. It’s as if the 3cx is sending the MWI packet and switching the light back on every time I switch it off? As there is no voicemail info in the phone any more, does it do this through the extension registration?
    I can’t see anywhere in 3CX to disable this.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can confirm if 3CX is sending a MWI "packet", by setting up any other SIP device (one that has a MWI) and registering it to the same extension number. If 3CX thinks there is a message, then the MWI will come on at registration.

It is possible that you have a faulty set. You might confirm this by doing a factory reset and then registering one key (manually) as a completely different extension number (one that has never had voicemail enabled). If that seem to work, then change just the extension number (and password) to the one you have been having problems with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.