• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

My 3CX android becomes offline after around a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arunesh Dutta

Reaction score
Hello all

I have observeed the client in my android will become offline and won't be running in background after around a day.Due to which all of a sudden calls are not connected and have to manually open and the app gets connected and run in background.Android has permission set to auto start and battery saving for this app to exception.Kindly assist so the app stays always running in bacground

I am using version 15.1.90 of 3cx sip phone

Hello,

Can you try the beta version and let us know ?

Thank you

We're aware of 1 such issue and we're working towards a fix for this. No release timeframe for this yet.

hi, I have the same problem with many android phones. The app is not reliable. I have tried the beta version too but it's unstable like 15.1.90. I have tried with many phone and the result it is always the same. In the other hand NO PROBLEM with iPhone iOS 11. NO PROBLEM with the beta version and the stable version for iPhone iOS 11 i have tried both with many phones with big success
--
paolo

-The beta does not contain a fix for the no network issue. We're still investigating this issue.
-When you say that the Android app is unstable, in what way is it unstable? It would help if you could describe what happens exactly.

-The beta does not contain a fix for the no network issue. We're still investigating this issue.
-When you say that the Android app is unstable, in what way is it unstable? It would help if you could describe what happens exactly.
first of all thank you for your reply, I am still investigating the issue. I don't think is something related to the behaviour of the customers which is using the app or some app the customers has installed on the devices. I think it's something related when for example the app is roaming from the wifi to 3G/LTE or from 3G/LTE to the wifi or when it gets disconnected because there is no 3G coverage for some seconds. When it roam the app is going offline. The status of the app, if you try to open it, is DISCONNECTED but if you try to surf the web or try to call via whatsapp the mobile phone is connected. I have attached an image of the status. When it is in this status you have to close the app and than open it again and the phone is registered back. I don't think is something related to the energy saving features of the phones because it is disabled. I don't think i am the only one who has this problem but i don't find here many customers who are complaining about this problem. This is quite strange because i really find the application unstable in many android phones and i start to suggest to the customers to use iPhones. Let me know if you need more to know about the issue.
thank you

--
paolo

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-11-10 at 16.51.42(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-10 at 16.51.42(1).jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 5
-Thanks, this information will be very helpful in our attempts to isolate the issue.

-Could please do the following?
  • Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Verbose Logging (Enable it)
  • Try to reproduce the issue in the shorted amount of time possible
  • Go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Send Report and send this report to us?
Thanks.

-Thanks, this information will be very helpful in our attempts to isolate the issue.

Thanks.
Do you mean on the phone or on the PBX?

I totally agree with my friend as same is faced by me too,I just want to add here have a single wifi that connects to smartphone scenario is after say opened the app which has registered to server and I can see in running app it shows 3cx but somehow after a duration like 22-24 hrs it goes away nothing in running app as 3cx ..which leads to no calls being completed

Thanks.
ok, here you find the file you asked

Thank you, we've received the logs.
Could you kindly remove them from the forum please as to not have any issues?

We have a preliminary test build where we've been so far unable to reproduce this issue on. It'l be available on the app store in a short while. Please give it a go and let us know.

Last edited:
i can confirm the issue as above as well and created a thread. always seems to be android phones with the issue and network hopping. I'll do as you requested and upload the report.

We've confirmed that with the latest 159 version that this issue has been significantly improved. It should a bit harder to get this problem now with this version.

We are however keeping this issue in the top of our list to fully fix. The problem with this issue is that in order to debug it properly there's a need for the Android phone to be constantly connected to a laptop with Android studio. Imagine walking around in public with a laptop and a phone trying to reproduce this. We've done this, with little success may i add. Local phone logging isn't sufficient to debug this case.

We've confirmed that with the latest 159 version that this issue has been significantly improved. It should a bit harder to get this problem now with this version.

We are however keeping this issue in the top of our list to fully fix. The problem with this issue is that in order to debug it properly there's a need for the Android phone to be constantly connected to a laptop with Android studio. Imagine walking around in public with a laptop and a phone trying to reproduce this. We've done this, with little success may i add. Local phone logging isn't sufficient to debug this case.

Nevermind, its the latest and it still happens. but at least its on the radar...

Hi Brad

Brad, I'm not familiar with Android, so I have a question - I mean, seriously: in Android, it is possible to achieve such kind of, let's say, disconnection-proof application? Why I'm asking, and why I said my question is a serious one:

from what I read, I understood that, unlike iOS, in Android push is not handled by the operating system and is vulnerable to kills or crashes - ie, if application is killed (not terminated!) or crashes, push is no longer received. If my understanding is true, then - in my opinion - such disconnection-proof app simply cannot be done. No matter is Android, iOS or Windows, we play within OS limits/boundaries, so my concern is to don't waste time and nerves trying to achieve something which OS doesn't allow us.

Regards
vali

Hi Brad

Brad, I'm not familiar with Android, so I have a question - I mean, seriously: in Android, it is possible to achieve such kind of, let's say, disconnection-proof application? Why I'm asking, and why I said my question is a serious one:

from what I read, I understood that, unlike iOS, in Android push is not handled by the operating system and is vulnerable to kills or crashes - ie, if application is killed (not terminated!) or crashes, push is no longer received. If my understanding is true, then - in my opinion - such disconnection-proof app simply cannot be done. No matter is Android, iOS or Windows, we play within OS limits/boundaries, so my concern is to don't waste time and nerves trying to achieve something which OS doesn't allow us.

Regards
vali

Every other app managed to do it
Can you imagine the outcry if an app such as say "eBay" just went, aww shucks we can't manage network hopping oh well too bad for our customers/clients they just have to kill/restart the app every hour or so.

This is not an O/S issue given every other app can handle it. Given this is a communications app saying oh well too bad so sad is completely unacceptable, but 3cx have said it's a known issue and there working on it, which is a good sign and good enough for me for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.