Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

My experiance with v1.0.18 in the UK

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Fatboy40, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Put v1.0.18 of 3CXPhone for iPhone onto my wife's 3GS last night, which is running iOS 4.1 (I personaly use a BlackBerry and have done for years, I still don't think that iOS or Android can match it yet for e-mail/calendar/contacst against an Exchange server).

I'm in the UK, and the cellular network provider for the iPhone is 'O2' (rock solid 3G connection), and my ADSL is with 'UK Online' (a local loop unbundled product provided over Easynet/BskyB's network, with my modem/router being a Netgear DG834G).

This is what happened in order...

# App installed fine with no problems.
    # Setup to connect to my 3CX v9 with SP4 install in the office.
    # Connected first time but audio was one way, no audio could be heard on the iPhone.
    # Disabled Wi-Fi and could not connect, so it looks like O2 in the UK is blocking SIP/STUN ?.
    # Re-enabled Wi-Fi, changed the STUN server to that of my UK based SIP trunk provider, which they run over port 10000.
    # App now connects again and audio is now two way, although the quality could be better (but none of the higher bandwidth codecs are available, a licensing issue for 3CX ?).

... so I suppose overall I think it's pretty good, but it desperately needs the 'Debug' option available in the Windows Phone to diagnose problems.

2. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Also what support is available with this as it's a free app ?.

If you have a paid support contract with 3CX are they obliged to provide help setting it up against your 3CX install ?.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, support will help you set this up if you have questions - providing you have 3CX Phone SYstem....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

you have to have some knowlage now about ur firewalls and stuff to make all this working.
    Inside the network via wifi (no stun is needed for this) you dont haave to care about firewalls, as soon you go over the network borders this comes into play

Does the Telco allows VoIP Calls (70% of them NO)
    Does the Teclo give you an public IP or an faced internal routing IP of there networkt (Vodafone)
    Is the Wifi Network outside the PBX set up correctly to handle RTP and SIP

My solution is always when i am outside the network to VPN first in to my network and just just the internal server path and all issues with firewall and sip blocks are out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.