My first PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brozas19, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brozas19

Hello my name is Manuele and I'm starting with VoIP and PBX.

I have two problems:
    Outgoing calls shows hidden number

I dont have  Gw, goes directly against the VoIP provider

In the "Edit Voip Provider" I have the number I provided VOIP provider set to "external number" as well as for each extension, and also within the VOIP Provider options in "other options" "Id outgoing caller "

I've also tried to change the values​​, "From: User Part" and "Request Line URI: User Part" putting them in "custom field" as stated in another post, eyelashes "output parameters" and "source ID"

I always write my number so outgoing "34xxxxxxxxx"

The other problem I have is that calls made from a mobile or from an analog line, enter the PBX, but the moment you pick up a phone to answer automatically hangs.

Thank you.
    Greetings!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Who is the provider? Not all use the same criteria or attributes.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does this happen when using any phone on the PBX? have you had a set, alone, registered to this provider (behind the same router), and work with no issues?

My first suspicion would be a port forwarding/ firewall issue. Have you run the 3CX firewall test with success?

As Ineblett brought up, you should probably post the name of your VoIP provider, as some require "special" treatment, and there may be someone familiar with that providers particular quirks.

4. brozas19

Hi!

Voip provider is VozTelecom.
    I'm not behind any firewall (except on Windows, but is disabled.) firewall test gives success

The router is a Fritz 7340. has open ports and redirected to the 3cx

In the second case, when calling from a cell phone number or analog, audio and sometimes not automatically hangs the call is to a Linksys SPA942, configured with the codec G729a, G711a, G711u.
    If you make a call the phone from any of the 3cx to an analog telephone is successful.

EDIT: Hello, do not know why, but after sitting all morning yesterday, restart the pbx and it worked!

The theme of the hidden number is not resolved, any ideas?

5. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hidden numbers...

do you know in which format you must send your outbound caller id? You can check that with your provider.

Also you can use "default outbound caller id" which will be External number which you put when creating a trunk, or under the voip provider you can change that and put that oubound caller id is taken from extension (each extension can have different caller id). for that you must go voip provider menu, click that provider than tab outbound parameters nad there choose 'From: User Part' and for that you choose : Outbound caller id taken from extension settings in management console, add/update button, apply, ok

6. brozas19

Thanks for your answer, but if I do what I say, not the outside call comes from the 3cx softphone displays "Forbbiden"

7. brozas19

fucking google translator, I meant if I do what you say

8. mixig

mixig Active Member

accept the outbound caller id which must be in format that provider is asking, also number that you have been dialed must be in proper format (maybe something of that two options has the wrong setup, you can run the wireshark to be sure what is your outbound caller id and format for number

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you spoken to your provider about the "hidden number" issue. Some providers do not allow you to change (spoof) your outgoing number to anything other than the one they assigned you. It may be that what you are doing, is being interpreted by them, as a signal to suppress the number completely.

If you register your VoIP phone, with the provider, directly, does it display your correct number to a called party?

10. brozas19

hello, my VoIP provider has assigned me a number for incoming calls (+34xxxxxxxxx)

The format of the caller ID that I have provided 34000xxxxx.

I need to use the number for incoming calls, for outgoing calls

11. brozas19

se me olvidaba, estoy probando con la version gratuita

12. brozas19

I forgot, I'm trying out the free version

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the majority of cases, especially when just a single number is involved, any outgoing call should show that number by default. You may have no option to display any other number. You should contact the provider to see why the number comes up as "blocked", and see if it is something you are doing to cause that.

14. brozas19

Hello the problem was the VOIP provider, thanks for your advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.