My Phone - Remember Me

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bluestar, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluestar

There seems to be an issue with the "Rember me" function on MyPhone. It seems that it only rembers you for that session, if you restart the PC you need to provide your extension settings again.

Is this by design or is this a bug. My users love the MyPhone interface v. the old Assistant, but the constant need for them to remeber yet another PIN/Pass is a point of issue.

Can I suggest if this is by design that there be an option to permanently remember the details?

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, you need to check for the following:

Start>Silverlight > Application Storage
    Enable application storage should be checked.

If your problem still persist we will need to check.
    Please make sure that you are using the latest service pack.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ideasmiths

This is quite interesting. I have been using Myphone and desktop component with Outlook 2010 for over 3 weeks, each time I had to log in again because I thought the remember me button is not working.

After reading this post today. I launched the silverlight and although the settings were already there, after that 'peek', whenever I reboot, the remember features worked! :D But only if the laptop is not powered off (if only restart). If I shutdown, the next morning the remember me didn't work.

Bug?

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Have you updated to service pack 2? These problems went away for us after the update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ideasmiths

Yes, I have Service Pack 2.

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Clear your silverlight cache and clear your browser cache?

7. Ideasmiths

Interesting. I looked under control Panel ->Uninstall program and I found two 3CX Myphone, one is localhost and the second 192.168.100.26 which was my laptop static IP. So I uninstalled both and reboot.

On the fresh boot, I launched a Firefox browser and this time on navigating to http://192.168.100.26:5000/myphone I entered the extension and Pin AND tick the remember me button. Previously I never tick the remember me button on the browser version because I knew I was going to install the desktop component immediately. I thought I will tick the remember me checkbox in the silverlight version of myphone.

So this time after ticking the remember me in the browser version of myphone, installed the desktop component, checked that the control panel only shows 1 myphone (which is the static 192.168.100.26), checked silverlight has the storage space allocated as shown, I shutdown the laptop. Next day when I boot up the laptop the Myphone (silverlight) logged in automatically.

[​IMG]

I am running 3cx v 10 with SP2, 3cx phone v6, myphone (silverlight), win 7 x64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.