My Phone - Remember Password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by davidbenwell, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, the My Phone - Remember Password does not seem to work, every day we have to log back in, pc's never get turned off, but soon as we go to use it we have to log back in, only happens over night or long periods of not beng used. its like a timeout if you like.

anyone else notice this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. matictec

matictec New Member

sometimes we have the same problem. it can not be reproduce on special events. it suddenly happens sometimes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FBW

FBW New Member

We have the same problem but ALL THE TIME.
    You can click 'remember' as much as you like. It won't help.
    For now I see this as a 'feature' but it would be nice if this were solved soon. I won't roll out v10 to any customer as long as we have these features...

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi guys
    Things to check
    1) Are you sure you are using the latest version + update?
    2) Since we made an update, it might be possible that something went wrong in the writing of the cookie because of the previous beta or rc versions so to confirm whether this works 100% or not we need to do the following
    --> clear the silverlight cache (right click, silverlight, application storage, delete all). Start again with a new remember me.

3) if you leave myphone open all the time (24 hours) then this will be a problem. This is because every night at 4am, the webserver is recycled. When this happens, connected myphones are logged out. Then you will see the log in screen. At this point it is important that instead of assuming me that remember me does not work, to confirm you need to close and start the myphone app again.

FBW - all the time on all machines you have? Or only on your machine? Can you try on another machine and see whether this happens? Also make sure that the checkbox "Application storage" in silverlight is checked. Maybe this is why it is not working. If application storage is not checked then nothing will be saved.

5. MarkusButz

Hi,

same problem sometimes with SP1 and NOT using webserver 24 hours...
    If details are needed let me know...

Markus

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Does it happen on all of your machines or only on yours?

7. matictec

matictec New Member

We will test it soon on our virtual network infrastructure.

another problem is that myphone crash after i have started my pc, myphone starts on startup and i than open outlook. i have opend a ticket for that but stefan says that this is a ms problem. i hope you have the possibilty to open a ticket at ms msdn support.

8. MarkusButz

Nicky,
    Martin,

1) the problem with the "forgotten" password happens on all of our PCs... not everytime but very often. PCs are not switched on during night.

2) I agree with Martin that MyPhone crashes SOMETIMES after the start of the PC when Outlook starts.
    But NOT on every PC, just on SOME PCs.

3) Yesterday I had a problem with WHISPERING. After clicking the person to whisper too, MyPhone crashed. Everytime. Today I don't have that problem. Strange.

Best regards,
    Markus

9. davidbenwell

We get this on all PC's and normally happens overnight, PCs never get turned off.

when we go to use it, it asks us to log in again.

We have this on over 40 PCs

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

davidbenwell

We can do nothing about this. In this case you have to close the myphone and start it again. Do not enter the login screen again. Simply close it and start it new. It happens overnight because at 4am in the morning we recycle the webserver so it is clean and healthy the next day.

Or disable recycling and make it example once a week. Depends on how big and busy your pbx is.

Known issue. Silverlight sllauncher crash. Remove one of them from startup. This is in microsoft. There is nothing we can do.

You should have a log file in MY Documents folder together with another set of log files in your appdata roaming folder. Can you send them to us? I think if today you do not have this problem it could be that it is not because of whispering but because of something else.

If whispering had something wrong, it would not crash sllauncher - but you would see a debugging strings exception message. if sllauncher crashed, this means there was something at a lower level that caused this.

11. davidbenwell

Nick, is there a reason why users cant edit a phone book entry via MyPhone, on our local install we all can, but for a customer they cant, they can only add or import, the delete and edit are grayed out.

runnung SP1

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could it be that they are trying to edit company phonebook entries? No one can edit those except the administrator

Can you check? Create one personal phonebook entry and try and edit it.
    try and click on a phonebook entry which cannot be edited and confirm that it is a company phonebook entry.

13. davidbenwell

yes it is the company phone book. I have listed a few users as administrators, however they still cant edit the company book, wheres we can on our 3CX install.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Company phonebook cannot be edited by no one except those extensions that are part of the management group.

15. davidbenwell

ah right, ok many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.