• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

My phone won't register account 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonephone

Reaction score
I am new to the 3cx system. I have been following the steps. Here - http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstreamgxp-2000/

When I go to update for some strange reason the phones first account ACCOUNT 1 never registers. I am not sure what I am missing here. After I update then click reboot under status it shows Account 1 Not Registered...

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Also I am using GXP2000 (HW2.2A)

It could be any number of things.

Look at the logs and see if they reveal if the phone is reaching the 3CX system. If it is, then presumably there is an error being shown as to why the phone is not registering. You might also look at the blacklisted IP section in the 3CX settings section. Perhaps there were some errors in your attempts and the authorizations may have been exceeded.

If there are no errors being shown, then you should suspect the phone settings and without being able to see, we are guessing.

Ok Someone from grandstream helped me out on this one go to " OTHER " tab on the 3cx page and uncheck the option " Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" option. You will now be able to register

Now I have no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.