My phone won't register account 1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phonephone, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phonephone

I am new to the 3cx system. I have been following the steps. Here - http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstreamgxp-2000/

When I go to update for some strange reason the phones first account ACCOUNT 1 never registers. I am not sure what I am missing here. After I update then click reboot under status it shows Account 1 Not Registered...

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Also I am using GXP2000 (HW2.2A)

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It could be any number of things.

Look at the logs and see if they reveal if the phone is reaching the 3CX system. If it is, then presumably there is an error being shown as to why the phone is not registering. You might also look at the blacklisted IP section in the 3CX settings section. Perhaps there were some errors in your attempts and the authorizations may have been exceeded.

If there are no errors being shown, then you should suspect the phone settings and without being able to see, we are guessing.

3. phonephone

Ok Someone from grandstream helped me out on this one go to " OTHER " tab on the 3cx page and uncheck the option " Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" option. You will now be able to register

Now I have no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.