• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

my post on licensing got locked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djenkins

Reaction score
so i have started this one:

see here for original:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/somethings-that-amaza-me-22206.html

this is supposed to be a forum supported by the users right?

I see your comment about taking my complaint back to the reseller, but, if you look at your web site it says 4 similtanious calls, this can be very mis leading as most people would not consider an internal call using up a phone line in the world of VOIP as its not a 'line' as such but internet traffic. I can appreciate a queued call is an answered call.

When I look at the way another VOIP PBX called pretty may works there are no limits on this, you can answer 4 calls at once and be speaking to 4 customer and anything else is queued and whilst this is 'ansewered' its not someone talking.

I just think, your response is a bit lame and your wording on your site a bit misleading, maybe you should make it clear that a call is an internal call, a queued call, an answered call, a parked call, etc etc, the fact you do not make this very clear up front suggest you are hiding behind this a bit.

there is no more to say on this, sure, your product is ok, its not bad, but,I personally, and am entitled to my own personal opinion consider the licensing model a bit unfair and not explained clearly enough.

I am not sure how cleared we can make the license model.

3CX Phone System is licensed based on the number of simultaneous calls (internal & external) that your company makes.

If you cannot figure out what an internal call is or for that matter what a call consists of maybe some more questions should be asked before a final decision is made. Now about Queues, if you don't consider a caller waiting in the queue as a call, how do you think they are hearing on hold music while they wait? how else are statistics for waiting time being calculated if the caller is not waiting in a Queue without the call being answered by the Queue Engine? All this takes is some consideration when thinking about the topic. In any case I locked the previous topic because there is no discussion needed. The plain and simple issue is that you had been quoted an incorrect license size due for your needs. This falls on the shoulders of the partner you purchased 3CX Phone System from and not our community led forums. We train our partners on what makes up a call and what consists of a call in the licensing model and how to best calculate simultaneous calls. If you expect to use a Queue to handle calls maybe a 4 SC license is just not enough, but again this falls on the reseller who quotes you a price for a system with hardware, phones, etc. I don't think we can make our licensing model any more clear.

Regards,
Nate

I totally agree with Nate.
Go to your 3CX partner and give him a kick in the butt because he has misinformed you.
3CX partners should know what they sell.

I have to agree with the other replies on here. Your reseller should have explained this to you. it is entirely up to your reseller to properly determine the appropriate license size to you and make sure you are aware of what constitutes a license use. I can appreciate your frustration but the licensing is covered in detail in all of the certification programs, training programs, and reseller administration guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.